iOS 13 and 13.1 public beta Fing app fails to scan network

mloossmlooss Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment
I am also a Fingbox users and my iOS app will not longer scan, it only displays my home network. I could not find anything here related to running this public iOS beta. I do have other network scanning apps and they do work under those betas. I am using the app on an iPhone X and iPad Pro Gen 3.

Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    mlooss said:
    I am also a Fingbox users and my iOS app will not longer scan, it only displays my home network. I could not find anything here related to running this public iOS beta. I do have other network scanning apps and they do work under those betas. I am using the app on an iPhone X and iPad Pro Gen 3.

Thanks
    Thank you for posting your question here in the Community.
    If its alright, let's start off with some basic troubleshooting methods:  Have you  tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?  Have you power cycled the device recently?
    More in-depth question: Are you saying that the app no longer detects new devices on your network?  What other apps are you using?
    If you can provide a little more information, I'll do my best to help.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • mloossmlooss Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks for giving a hand in figuring this out.
    I just now deleted and installed the app again on my iPad, somehow I never thought of doing this because I figured it was an issue with the iOS 13 beta. Unfortunately, I cannot fully test it until I am connected to a different WiFi network.

When I am on a network with no Fingbox, I used to be able to hit the scan button in the upper left corner and I could actually see a scan running. Now when I click on this same button, it appears it is reloading the page with no scanning and it returns to my home network and not the network I am connected to.

I use iNet, IT Tools, IP Scanner, WiFiman, iNetTools and they run a scan just fine on iOS 13 beta.
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! Since the launch few days ago, we are still waiting to send out the beta package compatible with this version. More details in a previous thread here! https://community.fing.com/discussion/601/fing-app-on-ios-13-13-1-not-show-wifi-name 
    Please follow this category and I'll update it when we have any beta version available! 
    https://community.fing.com/categories/announcements

Community Manager at Fing