Why are the old time folks that bought the Fingbox now getting screwed?

Bobbert
Bobbert Member Posts: 3
Photogenic First Comment
The free version now only has 2 items to chose from where there used to be many. No intruder detection? That for me was the main reason for having the box. You folks should be ashamed of yourselves for puttin' to your long-time followers. But you won't be ashamed and all your justifications are just so much corporate BS. Just a bunch of words to try and make it sound as if we, the loyal customers, are indebted to you.
All there is now is 1)Identify devices and 2)Internet speed & outages according to your web page. There are others that can offer quality service. If the is a fee at least I will know it upfront and not feel like a proctologist has had his way with me!
Shooter

Best Answer

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Hi All, after investigating/troubleshooting, for clarity (for any users that may be facing the same issue):

In this case, the user was attempting to manage Fingbox via Fing Desktop. Unfortunately this is not currently possible. Fing Desktop & Fingbox are separate products. To access Fingbox functionalities, please log into your Fing Account (associated with your Fingbox) via your Mobile device (as previous) & navigate to the Fingbox network/dashboard. I hope this helps to clarify.  Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

Answers

• Ciaran
    admin
    Hi @Bobbert, there seems to be confusion, no functionality has been removed from Fingbox. When other users have had similar issues, it is generally down to:
    1) They are not signed into the account associated with the Fingbox (check the account tab)
    2) They are not scanning from the Fingbox network (and hence not accessing the Fingbox dashboard with all of the Fingbox functionality).
    If you are still experiencing problems accessing your Fingbox functionality, dont hesitate to let us know and we will be happy to set up a support ticket to guide you further.
    thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• Bobbert
    Bobbert Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited March 17, 2021 #4
    You are right, no functionality has been removed from Fingbox as long as you opt for premium as far as I can tell.
    I am signed in. I do not have an account tab that I can see in v2.5.1. Show me where it is, please.
    I do not have a choice to scan from Fingbox as I do on Android. Show me where it is, please.
    My original complaint still stands.
  • Ciaran
    admin
    Hi, sorry, I wasnt clear enough in my initial response. You do not need a Premium Subscription to access Fingbox functionality. As you are still having difficulty accessing it, I am going to set up a Support ticket to troubleshoot further. I will then post the outcome here for any other users who may be experiencing a similar issue. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• jpack
    jpack Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 30, 2021 #6
    @Ciaran  Was there any resolution to this? I am having the same problem. I purchased a Fingbox and many of the advanced features are now a paid premium feature. Where is the ability to run a manual scan of the router vulnerability to check for open ports? This has been there in the past, but now only available as a paid feature.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    jpack said:
    @Ciaran  Was there any resolution to this? I am having the same problem. I purchased a Fingbox and many of the advanced features are now a paid premium feature. Where is the ability to run a manual scan of the router vulnerability to check for open ports? This has been there in the past, but now only available as a paid feature.
    Have you tried running the feature from either home tab or new Security tab from Fingbox network. For all Fingbox users. the test is still available and it asks you if you want to run the scan from Fingbox or the current device.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • jpack
    edited October 1, 2021 #8

@Robin_from_Fing That’s what I’m saying. The option to run a test no longer shows in either the home tab or security tab. Just shows option to upgrade to premium to run the scan. I am logged in and connected to my Fing box and I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Still only option is if I pay for premium to run manual scans.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @jpack
    I have sent you a private mail to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • jpack

I sent the information to the support agent. They said I needed to add the Fing box to the home tab. It was already added to the home tab and has been but still not allowing to use any of the Fing box features and is still asking me to pay for premium. I have provided all this information in my reply to support and am still waiting to hear back. As of now, I am still not able to use any of the advanced features of the Fing box I purchased. They used to be there, now the app says I need to pay for premium.

• jpack
    @Robin_from_Fing,

I still have not heard back from you, but I have continued to troubleshoot the issue. It seems there is an issue with your iPhone App version. "Router Vulnerability" shows up in the security tab, but when I click on that option using the iPhone app, an advertisement screen comes up saying it is a premium feature, and then asks me to select and pay for a plan. If I click on the same button on the Android version, it takes me to the correct screen allowing me to run a manual test for vulnerability. So it appears for iPhone users who own a Fing box, you are forcing them to purchase the premium package even though they own a Fing box.