Missing/Inaccurate Events

TWolf
TWolf Member Posts: 7
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited March 16, 2021 in Fing App #1
I noticed a while ago that the Fing App is not displaying all events, I'm sure it used to do in the past. 
When did this change?

I have also noticed that the few events I have don't match those I can see by logging onto the web portal.
From the App:

and from the web portal:

Anyone know what's going on with this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @TWolf
    are you using Fingbox? For free fing app users, the timeline reporting is 7 days and if you want to get more updates then you need Fing Premium subscription.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • TWolf
    Hi Robin,
    Yes, I am using a Fingbox.  I would be happy with 7 days reporting, but that's not what I'm seeing.  For example, Camera1 in my network shows no events on the Fing app, but I can see plenty in the online portal as in the below screenshots.

• TWolf
    Hi @Robin
    I'm still not seeing the correct events in the app, and those I do see don't match what's in the online portal.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    TWolf said:
    Hi @Robin
    I'm still not seeing the correct events in the app, and those I do see don't match what's in the online portal.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Can you confirm if you are watching the events from the Fingbox network? Can you please select the Fingbox network and then go to the device like camera 1 and then go to the events and you will see same information as web portal. Web portal is mirror image of what has been identified by Fing app.
    From the screenshot, I can see the name of Camera1 and web portal Camera 1 is different(space between 1) so I believe you are not watching the Fingbox network devices but a manual scan.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • TWolf
    edited March 24, 2021 #6
    Thanks @Robin.
    I thought I was looking at the Fingbox network, but now you've pointed it out I was actually looking at a manual scan - this was the only one I could see on the Home page of the app.  From the Fingbox network I can see the same events as displayed on the web portal.
    I've now added the Fingbox network to the home page, so hopefully no more confusion.

Robin_Ex_Fing