Get rid of rogue access point message

stephan
stephan Member Posts: 17
10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
I have an extra Wi-Fi access point connected to my network. Often I get this message:

How do I stop Fing app from reminding me about this?

Comments

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @stephan

To address your query, sometimes it can be a false alarm as well. To make sure, Once Fingbox identifies a Rogue Access Point you should take immediate action: 

• Turn off your WiFi network equipment for 15 minutes and wait. Make sure to turn off or disable WiFi from all client devices (like e.g. mobile phones, laptops, etc). Then restart networking and see if the Rogue Access Point still appears. 

We have come to realize that if you have multiple access points and if some devices are connected with both then you might find these type of alerts as Fingbox is trying to monitor the network for changes and if any of the devices is trying to connect to any of the access points and if it is not being able to recognize the device then it gives alerts. Even if the new device get connected to a different access point and Fingbox is connected to another access point, then Fingbox will detect it as some other access point is redirecting the traffic and thus giving you with an alert.  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • stephan
    I have almost 30 devices connected through wifi. Seems like a very cumbersome way to fix this issue if I have to go through all 30 devices and disable wifi on the client devices.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    stephan said:
    I have almost 30 devices connected through wifi. Seems like a very cumbersome way to fix this issue if I have to go through all 30 devices and disable wifi on the client devices.
    I understand it is hectic but this is to ensure the alert is coming from your devices or not.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • stephan
    Feels like the Fing box is going in the trash soon. It's causing me more headache than use at the moment.