ERROR: Cannot find the selected network in your account

Mark
Mark Member Posts: 3
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
My fingbox is constantly appearing and disappearing from my network. Nothing has changed to trigger this. Additionally I cannot see anything when using app.fing.com. Fingbox appears online noting the error Cannot find the selected network in your account.

Is my fingbox now faulty?

Answers

• Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 405
    100 Likes 25 Answers 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have two networks logged, it’s possible that Fing is trying to connect to a network that really isn’t available. If that is the case, delete the unwanted network and see if that resolves the problem. Alternatively, switch off fingbox, restart your router, switch on fingbox, this will confirm there are no obvious random dhcp/router issues. if you are still having problems, a factory reset of Fingbox may resolve the issue.
    Report back if you’re still having problems.
  • Mark
    Mark Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

Ended up deleting the Fingbox from my account and performing a factory reset. The device sat with an orange outside ring and refused to connect. I performed another reset with the same issue. Let it sit overnight to see a green flashing outside ring. Connected via the iOS app and all seems to be well. As to the root cause, I’m unsure.