Fing desktop does not uninstall cleanly
I uninstalled fing desktop (windows 10) using "Uninstall Fing.exe" in the fing program files folder. It left a lot of things behind. There were files in APPDATA and the Fing.Agent service was still installed. It was stopped but still in the registry.
I had to use the "sc delete Fing.Agent" to remove the service and registry entries. I manually removed the files that fing left from the APPDATA folders.
This is concerning since the recent email urging install of 2.5.1 mentions uninstalling the previous release.
- 4.9K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 928 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 100 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 37 Network Infrastructure
- 4.4K Ask about Fing
- 405 Fing Account Change Request
- 861 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.4K Fingbox
- 467 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 147 Community Updates
- 19 Getting started
- 11 Community User Guides