Temporarily Unpause a Scheduled Internet Pause

aka_scamp
aka_scamp Member Posts: 3
First Comment First Anniversary
edited March 11, 2021 in Fing App #1
I have a Fingbox and used to be able to temporarily unpause a scheduled internet pause. This has stopped working. Is there any way I can get this feature back without disabling the schedule altogether? 

Best Answer

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,709
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    @aka_scamp, I just checked and the function is still there.  if you click into the schedule, there is a schedule is enabled icon you can click on and off.  Can you screenshot what you see?

I also moved this to the Fingapp area for visibility.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...

Answers

• aka_scamp
    You are correct. If I enable and disable the schedule I can do that. However I’m looking for the functionality that was there at one time where, in the internet pause section, you could press on the Internet pause and if it was paused that button would actually allow you to temporarily activate internet access for a certain time. Much more user friendly and wouldn’t involve having to manually activate 
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,709
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not seen that feature for some time. The only thing I can see is the opposite.  If you have someone defined in people, you can PAUSE their internet for a predefined selection of times.  I also tried to activate a scheduled pause on a user and then selecting the user in the people section while they were blocked, it did not allow an unpause like it does a pause.

Best bet is to create an idea in the Fingbox or Fingapp forum sections and see if anyone else votes for it to come back.  Fing does look at them and depending on the amount of votes considers them for future enhancements.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • aka_scamp
    It used to work maybe 2 or more years ago. Not sure when it changed. I used to use it to temporarily unpause the internet when a scheduled pause was under way. Would be nice to get that back.