Can I downgrade from 2.5.1? Is there a download someplace for the previous version?

Pop
Pop Member Posts: 8
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
I have many issues with this 2.5.1 release. Can I just go back to the previous release for now? It was working fine.

Comments

• Pop
    I would love to have 2.4.1 back. Is this really not possible?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi Pop,
    Downgrading wont work because as soon as you will install the Fing desktop then it will look for updates and automatically update to latest version. If you are facing issues with latest version then please let me know the O.S and I will help you? 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Pop
    Thanks for your help. I assumed when the desktop tries to upgrade as you describe, you can just not allow the install as windows admin.
    I already posted a couple of issues. You can see them under my issues. My OS is Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. Here is the full release info:
    Edition    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Version    20H2
    Installed on    ‎9/‎29/‎2020
    OS build    19042.867
    Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

I did find that quite a few of my issues were coming from the Fingbox. I change the network discovery to slow and turned off the monthly reporting which helped. I am also turning off the reverse DNS lookup. The amount of traffic from the Fingbox was getting very large.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Pop
    I have sent you a priavate message to address your query in relation to Fing desktop.
    For large traffic, please refer to this article: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/fingbox-produce-much-traffic-network/
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!