VPN seen as primary adapter in fing desktop

Andy_W58
Andy_W58 Member Posts: 1
I have a fing box and fing desktop on my windows 10 pc. I use a third party VPN permanently on. Fing desktop sees the vpn as a network adapter and only shows me it is connected to the internet. The devices part says not connected. If I drop the vpn, the program works and shows me my devices. The vpn is not an adapter in the real sense as it uses the physical adapter to communicate. The devices section says it will show both if I purchase premium but I do not need the premium option.

Comments

• Popula
    Popula Member Posts: 30
    5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    " The devices section says it will show both if I purchase premium but I do not need the premium option."
    If you want to see the other networks in your landscape, other than the VPN, you do need the premium option. Unfortunately, it's the only way.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Andy_W58
    The purpose of VPN is to hide the real network and thus if you are using VPN, Fing desktop might not work correctly as it is unable to read the real network and devices behind it due to VPN
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!