Device brand & model override
I'd love the ability to override the auto detected brand and model with my own text.
Here's two use cases where that would be helpful.
First, when your database doesn't contain the model number for a detected manufacturer - I've submitted these to you but understand it takes time to append these to a growing list.
Secondly, when the device itself can identify as numerous items. I have two USB C to Ethernet adapters which I use across a handful of devices. Sometimes Fing identifies the manufacturer as Realtek Semiconductor and others it'll pick up the connected device, for example, Apple.
There's no way currently to simply set Real Semiconductor RTL8153-G which would be ideal.
- 5.6K All Categories
- 2.7K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 112 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 45 Network Infrastructure
- 5.1K Ask about Fing
- 541 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.3K Fing App
- 1.6K Fingbox
- 529 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides