Fingbox cannot be added to Fingapp on Apple iPhone

Schorsch64
Schorsch64 Member Posts: 37
10 Comments 5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Agrees
✭✭
Hi,
I have had a FingBox v1 a couple of years and now bought a FingBox v2 from Domotz which was delivered yesterday. I therefore tried to replace the old v1 Fingbox by the new one in my network, have first removed the old one from my FingApp on my Apple iPhone and disconnected it from my network. I then have connected the new Fingbox v2 to my network, waited for around 20 minutes until the light changed from white to green and then tried to add the new Fingbox to my iPhone FinApp which deos not work - I made dozens of attempts to add it,, connecting the iPhone to both my 2.4Ghz Wifi and my 5Ghz Wifi without success.
Any idea why it does not work, or may it be caused by the current problems as outlined in this thread: https://community.fing.com/discussion/6370/outage-server-issue-25th-february-2021-resolved-new-firmware-release/p5  

Best Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Yes I have received it. I replied to you directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Schorsch64
    ✭✭
    edited March 10, 2021 #3 Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    problems solved  :) 

I did
    • a full reset of both my Fingboxes
    • disabled all enabled ports on my routers
    • re-enabled all recommended ports 80, 443, 3001-3003, 4443, 5671 for both TCP and UDP protocols.

In FingApp:
    • disabled reversed DNS lookup
    • changed the maximum network size to the number which meets the number of devices in my networks,
    • removed all networks from the app which had been previously discovered
    • did a re-sync in the account storage settings

and BINGO - all is working now  :smile:

Thanks to @Robin for the great support !
    Marc

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,665
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Schorsch64, please try it again and let us know if it now works. 
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Schorsch64
    ✭✭
    edited March 7, 2021 #5
    Hi @Marc,
    I tried it but without success - the light on the new FingBox v2 does not even get green now, it stays at solid white color.
    I the also tried to connect the old FingBox v1, which I had removed from my FingApp before, to my other network. The light stays blue there but I cannot add it again to the app.

I therefore need two solutions:
    1. Add the new Fingbox v2 to my primary network as described in my inital question
    2. Add the old Fingbox v1 to my other network
    What do you need from me to support me on this?

Thanks and regards, Georg
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    @Schorsch64
    The blue led means your Fingbox is active on your account which could be the reason you arent able to activate another Fingbox on same network. I have sent you a private mail to address your query as I would require some more information from your side. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Schorsch64
    ✭✭
    @Robin
    Thanks a lot for the reply, I will answer to the email I have received from you but please note that I have two individual problems with two different Fingboxes as described above:
    1. Add a new Fingbox v2 to my primary network as described in my inital question. This Fingbox does not go green, the light stays white and I therefore cannot add it to my app

2. Add my old Fingbox v1 to my other network
    Would I need to have individual accounts for each Fingbox, or can several Fingboxes be added to the same account? I also would have to manage both Fingboxes/networks from my iPhone, how can thsi be done?

Best regards, Georg
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Thanks @Schorsch64
    I have replied to you via your support ticket. Once we reach the resolution then you can post the solution here in the community. In meantime, please reply to your support ticket so all information will be in one place. Thanks again
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Schorsch64
    ✭✭

Hi @Robin

I replied by email to the support ticket already some hours ago, have you received it?

I need a solution for my new Fingbox v2 very soon, it still shows a white light even after 2 days of connection to my network

• Schorsch64
    ✭✭
    edited March 8, 2021 #10
    @Robin
    sent you a reply back directly just now, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.