Community fibre

J2hdwd
J2hdwd Member Posts: 9
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited March 6, 2021 in Other UK ISPs #1

Hi guys, I'm on the 1G plan, but fing can't detect the proper speed when running the speed test. I'm only getting 390 Mbps down and around 170 Mbps up. I've rebooted the device repeatedly. Any ideas why?

Thanks

Answers

• Johannes
    Johannes CHB, New ZealandMember Posts: 10
    10 Comments Photogenic
    edited March 6, 2021 #2
    Could be many reasons, PC, Cables, whats already  running on your network, even time of day...  etc, to find true speeds make sure everything else  is shut down, connect test pc directly to modem with at least cat5E cable, then run test.
    I have one pc running/recording 4 cameras, it only shows 400-500gb DL and 20 UL but on my newest pc connected directly to the modem i get FULL speeds up and down btw I run Ookla Speed test software

Johannes
    Retired I.T. Manager
  • J2hdwd
    J2hdwd Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks Johannes, but when doing from speedtest Ookla app, it gave close to 1Gbps up and down on wired and 800+ on wireless.
    I could also do speed test on the router and it gave similar readings. Only Fing that gives false reading. Not sure if this Fingbox is 2021 ready.
  • Johannes
    Johannes CHB, New ZealandMember Posts: 10
    10 Comments Photogenic

Darn, that is odd, ive never had that big a difference between Fing and Ookla, mind you I dont run fingbox, just fing app.

Johannes
    Retired I.T. Manager