Limit scan range

Btilly
Btilly Member Posts: 3
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited March 7, 2021 in Fingbox #1

My Fing box wreaks havoc on my network and causes my home automation to have issues. Lately I have just been running without the Fing box (which works greats), but I really would like to use the Fing box to tell my home automation that guests are here. I just went through my network and set static IP address to everything and have the DHCP assign only to the top 64 address. I was hoping to make it such that the Fing box only scans that range so it does not interfere as much with the other equipment.

I do have slower detection enabled and I planes to move from /24 network size to /26, but it still scans everything and not just the 64 up address with the same C class as the Fing Box. Is there any way to do this?

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,709
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Btilly, I moved this to the Fingbox area for relevance.  @Robin, could you help out here with BTilly’s issue?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Btilly
    @Robin Has there been any updates on this topic?
  • Btilly
    bump
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    Sorry for the delay in replying @Btilly. To address your query, unfortunately, Fingbox scan the complete range of the network as it is connected to router and actively looks for the complete range. Limiting range on Fingbox wont work and may produce some errors or may even block other devices.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!