How to assign device from one user to another user?
I want to change a device assigned to me and assign it to my daughter. How?
Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,292Hi @Dmwelch
To change a device from one user to another, please follow these steps:
1) Sign in to Fing App and Click on Fingbox/Network name from the Home tab.
2)Go to the 'People' tab and click on the User from which you want to remove the Device
3) Click the Left button saying 'Edit' and it will open the User's page.
4) Unassign the Device by click on it and the devices become free to assign them to other User.
5) Click Save and Go back to the People Tab and select the User you want to assign the device to.
6) Click Edit again and go to the User's Page.
7) Look for the device you want to assign and then click on it.
8) If you want to monitor that device then click on 'Change' and it will change to 'Presence' on the device selected.
9) It will ask whether it is a personal device. Click 'Yes' and click 'Save'.
It will start monitoring those devices for changes and will create a timeline for review. The reason users are not able to see the Timeline for selective Users because their device is not set for Digital Presence.
@Marc for your visibility and good to know information .Robin (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!0
- 5.8K All Categories
- 2.8K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 114 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 45 Network Infrastructure
- 5.4K Ask about Fing
- 548 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.4K Fing App
- 1.7K Fingbox
- 534 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 160 Community Updates
- 29 Getting started
- 15 Community User Guides