How do I see the IP addresses of devices connected to a range extender?

Jrmcanada
Jrmcanada Member Posts: 7
First Anniversary First Comment
I have just added a range extender to my network and connected several devices to it. When I look at my list (under Devices), any of the devices connected to my normal wifi network show an IP address but any of the devices connected to my range extender just say "In range". Is there a way to get Fing to see the IP addresses of devices that are connected to the range extender?
Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Answers

• rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 898
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you using ipv6 in your network?

Robin_Ex_Fing
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jrmcanada
    Are you using another router setup as a range extender?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Jrmcanada
    I'm not using IPv6. I'm not using another router as a range extender. I have my main router and now I have added a range extender to provide better a better wifi connection for the exterior lights on the front of my house. Previously, everything was connected directly to the wifi from the router. Now these exterior lights are connected to the wifi from the range extender. All of the devices still connected directly to the router have IP addresses in Fing. But the lights connected to the range extender just say "in range".
  • rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 898
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the IP range of the extender the same? The same subnet?

• Jrmcanada
    Yes ... the extender and router are on the same subnet - 192.168.0.*
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for info @Jrmcanada
    If you are using another router as range extender then you won't be able to see devices connected behind it. The reason for that is another router creates their own separate network gateway than the main router and Fing is not able to see that gateway thus not able to read devices on that network.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Jrmcanada
    Hi.I'm not sure I understand. I thought the TP-Link RE450 was a range extender. Is it a router?