Every morning a new network discovered?

Diverking
Diverking Heerhugowaard, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 52
10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
edited March 9, 2021 in Fing Desktop #1
Hi, since last update my Fing Desktop finds a new netwerk (same ISP, name, fixed IP) but Fing asks me to give more context and to recognize all devices. I did this so many times :-( Why is this happening? Login and trying to merge the new network with the old ones is not possible so I have to fill in most of the details again.
I want to have just one network which I can scan, renew, update with Fing Desktop, Fing Android and Fing IOS because I use all those devices. How hard can this be? I always give my suggestions on hardware and OS and still have no Windows Server versions (even made a poll but no one seems interested) to choose from. I like the intention of the software but this is why I am not willing to pay! (or has that version no problems)

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,652
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Diverking, I am tagging @Robin from Fing to see if he can help out.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Diverking
    I saw a lot of people complaning about the integration of the tool on different devices. This is part of my post too.
  • Diverking
    edited March 8, 2021 #4
    Hi, today only 3 networks on Android, 2 on IOS (both in my account) and one on Desktop (the newest on KPN in Heerhugowaard). Restarted al the devices but they recognize all different networks. Android (Samsung S8) even tells me that Camelot - Mobile is savely in my account. Logging in to my account shows me two other networks. I'm really lost in this... I want to scan/edit only one account with all my devices. Please ellaborate on this one.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited March 9, 2021 #5
    Hi @Diverking

if you have a Fingbox and you are using a Fing Dekstop, then you will see two networks, one from the Fingbox and one from the Fing Desktop. As Fing Desktop is a separate product, it works separately and does not integrate with Fingbox as of the moment. If something changes with future release then we will let all users know. 
    Also, if you are using an Apple device, then as apple restricted from identifying he MAC addresses, then Fing App may create multiple networks provided Fing App is unable to read the MAC address and recognise if the devices are coming from same network or different. Only the network from Fing mobile app and Fing Desktop can merge, given the MAC address is being able to read by the Fing App. And if you select the Fing Desktop network from the Fing mobile app(not the Fingbox network) then if you have made any changes to Fing Desktop devices, you can view same on Fing mobile app. 

Also, please refer to this article if you are using an apple device to run Fing app: https://www.fing.com/news/private-mac-address-on-ios-14

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Diverking
    Hi, Robin,
    I have NO fingbox only the 3 apps as mentioned. And today I just started my Desktop and guess what ... again a new network! (The desktop was not used and I had my phone with me to my office) None of my networks can be merged. Even one network tagged as non reachable??? I have to recognize my devices agian and again.... It just don't remember the correct network.  Please what is happening. This is NOT working!!!!!!

• Diverking
    Update on this issue. I have now 3 networks in my account (from every MAC address => eth, wifi and wifi 5G) with almost the same devices. So my question which one can I keep and make up to date and connect to with all my devices (Desktop, Samsung S8 and iPad) or d. I can not merge thes networks.
  • Diverking
    edited March 14, 2021 #8
    And this evening.. with restart PC (and Fing Desktop) it discovered a new network GRRRHHHHH :-(  again all my devices from scratsh. With Fing App I still see the correct network. Can I use that one again with Fing Desktop? I still did not figure out what Fing Desktop , IOS and Android are doing..... Is there a complete description about the  backgrounds so I can understand? The documentation is not extensive and not up to date.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Diverking
    Can you please DM me the screenshot of all new networks? Also, which devices are you using to run Fing app or Fing desktop?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Diverking
    Hi Robin, I use iPad IOS 14, Desktops (laptops and PC's) and Samsung S8 (android) to connect to Fing (No Fing Box) and I see 3 networks discovered. Funny is that I mostly change the network name so I can see which is which as the different devices result in different networks. This time I did not change the name of the last discovered network and this situation is still stable for one week.
    Beside that I run a small datacenter for privat purposes. (I use Fing to monitor these (virtual) servers)