Auto install of V2.5.0 from V2.4.1 is not working

medvyed
medvyed Member, Beta Tester Posts: 14
10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
When I open Fing Desktop, I get a window that says V2.5.0 has been downloaded and will be installed when I press the OK button.    I press the button and wait, but nothing that looks like an installation happens.  Help, please.

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    medvyed said:
    When I open Fing Desktop, I get a window that says V2.5.0 has been downloaded and will be installed when I press the OK button.    I press the button and wait, but nothing that looks like an installation happens.  Help, please.
    Are you using Fing desktop on Mac or Windows? If you are using MAC then open the Fing desktop application and you will see further instructions. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • medvyed
    I am using Fing Desktop on Windows 10 Home.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    medvyed said:
    I am using Fing Desktop on Windows 10 Home.
    Can you try to open Fing desktop application and then check what happens? If the application was already open then you can check the system tray to open Fing desktop from there. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • medvyed
    After I click on the button to start the upgrade, the copy of Fing Desktop that was in the system tray is gone.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    medvyed said:
    After I click on the button to start the upgrade, the copy of Fing Desktop that was in the system tray is gone.
    thanks then you can open the Fing desktop from the desktop icon and then check if it opens or not? 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • MartyAsh
    MartyAsh Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    After upgrading to Fing Premium and Fing Desktop V2.50 for Mac (running MacOS 10.15.7), the Fing Desktop is completely blank.
  • Fabian
    Fabian Member, Beta Tester Posts: 53
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited March 1, 2021 #8
    Not sure if it's related, but my Fing Desktop app (Mac) window has been blank with 2.4.1 and 2.5.0 AFTER changing my router (networks?) from an Apple AirPort Extreme 802.11ac to an AmpliFi Alien router and MeshPoint.  This just the Mac app, not my Fingbox, which is disconnected for now.  I'm waiting for a newer Fingbox v2 to arrive.

Almost forgot, the update to 2.5.0 was fine.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    edited March 2, 2021 #9
    Hi @Fabian
    For Blank screen, you can delete the network detected by Fing desktop from either the web app or Fing app and then quit the Fing desktop from Activity monitor and then reboot device and then open Fing desktop and run the scan again. This would resolve the issue.
    @MartyAsh
    you can just quit the Fing desktop from Activity monitor and then reboot device and then open Fing desktop and run the scan again.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    MartyAsh
  • MartyAsh
    MartyAsh Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment

Robin - thanks for the suggestion. Worked like a charm!

Robin_from_Fing
  • Fabian
    Fabian Member, Beta Tester Posts: 53
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    @Robin Thanks, that seemed to work. However, some devices are automatically recognized, but others aren't and when I try to recognize the device (i.e. Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring ChimeRing, Spotlight Cam, DIRECTV C61), I get the following, "Device not found message".

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Thanks @Fabian
    Can you DM me the screenshot of the devices page so I can guide you better? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)