What on earth do Fing think they doing!

DirkDastardly
DirkDastardly Member Posts: 31
10 Comments Photogenic
edited March 1, 2021 in Fing Desktop #1
Sorry, but this product is no longer welcome on my Laptop. I find it TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE that Fing forces itself into my login items without any notification or request to do this. I see this as an invasion of my system, and I will determine when the App is run, NOT Fing. And as the product is unstable on my M1 Mac, it's goodbye from me!
Tagged:

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @DirkDastardly
    As stated in a different post, I thank you for your feedback. The main function of the Fing app is continuous monitoring of the network so it can alert you for any issues. By default, Fing desktop runs on start-up and scans your network every hour for non-premium members. If you don't want Fing to monitor the network then we have provided an option to disable this feature. I am sorry to hear you don't like this feature. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • DirkDastardly
    DirkDastardly Member Posts: 31
    10 Comments Photogenic
    The feature is fine. What is not fine is not having a dialogue that presents permanent scanning  as an option. I have a small private network that I manage closely and it is heavily bolted down, so monitoring is an occasional activity and not a constant requirement. I also spend some time away from my private network, so I need scanning to be an option, not a default. And Fing on my iPad Air is the one I use more regularly to check the status of things. Also, is there an option to see data rates? Can't see one and that would be very useful, as it avoids logging in to my router.
    Cheers
    Tom
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks for your detailed feedback @DirkDastardly
    I can certainly pass this on to our Product and Development for review. Thanks again.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!