App can’t find Fingbox on both tablet and phone

Tobias2
Tobias2 Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic
Hi,

I can’t connect to the fingbox through my app both on phone and tablet, however the fingbox is online and connected (I can see the fingbox welcome screen if I put the fingbox IP address in my browser).  I had configured the fingbox to not show the led status so I am not sure what the status of the box is.
can I reset the box?

Thank you,
Tobias

Best Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,721
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Yes, I think so.  In the same area where you can select the network, swipe left on the Fingboxe’s network.  You will see 2 icons.  One is a trash can and the other looks like a house.  Select the house icon.  That should set the Fingbox network as default in the app.  Next time you hit the home screen, you should default to the Fingbox network.  That should clear things up.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #3 Accepted Answer
    See screenshots below...

Robin_from_Fing

Answers

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Tobias2, when your on the tablet or the phone app, make sure you have selected the Fingbox's network.  To confirm, when your on the Home Screen, scroll down to the current WiFi section.  On the left side you will see a list icon.  Select it and choose your Fingbox's network.

If you still do not see it, have you tried to log into it via the web app?  Go to http://app.fing.com and log into the account you use when accessing the Fingbox.  The web app a less capable version of the mobile app but at least it will tell you if the account is correct and can see the Fingbox.

Robin_from_Fing
  • Tobias2
    First Comment Photogenic

Thank you for the comment. Yes it is the right network and account. I also see my active subscription.

One weird thing I noticed: when I start a bandwidth test the app asks me to test from my phone or the Fing box. When I select Fingbox the test starts and ends ok. When I then go back via < on the upper left corner it shows me the view with users etc.

But when I go to the Home Screen it looks like the app without Fingbox. That’s true for both phone and Tablet app

Any ideas?

thx

tobias

• Tobias2
    First Comment Photogenic

Hi Marc

sounds like an idea! But I can’t find the house icon / trash can. Can you explain a little more how to do that, please?

thank you, you help is highly appreciated!

Tobias

• Tobias2
    First Comment Photogenic

Cool, that’s the trick! Thanks for you help, much appreciated!

Best

Tobias