IFTTT integration

Hi all,
I have long used my Fingbox to alert when a particular device dropped off my network (using IFTTT to automatically power cycle a smart plug).
Recently, this trigger has failed with this message:

Searching these forums, IFTTT seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth with no suggestion that fingbox even supports IFTTT anymore?
Any suggestions?

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,227
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @johnbur
    Currently, IFTTT is not supported with Fing products since IFTTT introduces paid subscriptions for users as well. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • johnburjohnbur Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hi @Robin,
    Thanks for the feedback - that is disappointing, I only bought a Fingbox because of its support for IFTTT.
    Why does fing still appear as an option in IFTTT if you no longer support it?
    What other options are there to use the Fingbox trigger when a device is detected as offline? - I want to use the trigger to power-cycle a smart plug.
    Many thanks
    John
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,227
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @johnbur
    Fingbox support to IFTTT is currently on hold; we are discussing the integration with several partners in the Smart Home integration arena and we intend to resume it along with new functionalities. Pre-existing IFTTT integrations are preserved, but at this time we cannot active new connections and applets. If your applet was working before then you can get in touch with IFTTT support if they changed anything from their side.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • GdayJayGdayJay Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hey guys, is there an update on this one ? I also suffer this, and was told by IFTTT that they seemed to fully support on their end ? 
  • LiveMikeLiveMike Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    I find it interesting that new IFTTT integrations are suspended because they introduced a paid subscription model, but the best option to use Fingbox without IFTTT for many is the API, which is only available if we sign up to Fing's paid subscription model.
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,179
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi All, as mentioned Fingbox support to IFTTT is currently on hold; we are discussing the integration with several partners in the Smart Home integration arena and we intend to resume it along with new functionalities. Pre-existing IFTTT integrations are preserved, but at this time we cannot active new connections and applets. This has been the case since 28th April 2020 (well before Premium Subscription was launched - completely unrelated). If anything changes of course we will update users accordingly.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • SRPSRP LAMember Posts: 113
    100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    edited May 1
    Ciaran said:
    Hi All, as mentioned Fingbox support to IFTTT is currently on hold; we are discussing the integration with several partners in the Smart Home integration arena and we intend to resume it along with new functionalities. Pre-existing IFTTT integrations are preserved, but at this time we cannot active new connections and applets. This has been the case since 28th April 2020 (well before Premium Subscription was launched - completely unrelated). If anything changes of course we will update users accordingly.
    @Ciaran
    Is there somewhere on this site where I can find a future development roadmap for Fing App, Fing Desktop and Fingbox? I realise you'll be unable to list everything you're up to for competitive reasons but information like the above would be useful to know.

Update: I found the Fing Roadmap thread but it appears the last activity here was in 2019! I for one would love to see you Fing folks blow the cobwebs off the thread and keep it regularly fed and watered. :)

Kind regards,
    S.