New Version Release: Fing 11 (Android)

Robin
Robin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,614
250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
admin

Hi All, 

Exciting news, today we will be releasing Fing App version 11.0 for Android (only). Initially this will be just for Android, however we will be releasing an iOS version in the coming weeks. Please see below an outline of the updates included in this release. 

Fing 11.0 Updates: 

Overview : 

With this release, we are including the ability to manage your Fing Desktop network also via your Fing Mobile App, creating one platform whereby you can manage all of your available Fing products. 

What are the feature/functionality changes? 

Please see below the feature/functionality updates relating to this release: 

• Access to Fing Desktop via Fing Mobile app:  via your Mobile app, you can now access & manage your Fing Desktop Network/Data by going to your ‘Network’ list (via the ‘Home’ tab) & click on your Fing Desktop network from the ‘Monitored Networks’ list. 

• Fing Desktop network can be added to ‘Home’ tab:  to quickly access the Fing Desktop network, you can add it to the ‘Home’ tab on the Mobile App (like Fingbox network). To note: only 1 monitored network can be added to the ‘Home’ tab at any time, e.g., if you have a Fingbox, you can add either a Fingbox or Fing Desktop Network to your ‘Home’ tab. However, regardless of which network is added to the ‘Home’ tab, all networks can be accessed by simply clicking on the network list (‘Hamburger’/3 line icon). 

So, how will this look? Will there be any changes to the UI? 

Yes, we have made some changes in order to implement these functionalities and to continue to improve user experience. See below the main changes to the Mobile App UI: 

• Network List Layout –  when you click on your Network list (‘Hamburger icon) you will see 2 categories: ‘Monitored Networks’ & ‘Scanned Networks’. Monitored Networks refer to Fingbox or Fing Desktop networks. Scanned Networks refer to Mobile App scanned networks. 

• Scan Option:  if you have a Fing Desktop Network attached, when you click the ‘Scan’ button a manual scan cannot be completed, only a scan via the Fing Desktop Network. Scanning from the Mobile is blocked to preserve the scan with higher quality & avoid conflicts if scans. Detaching the network from Fing Desktop, will enable the ability to scan once again from Mobile. 

• Notifications’ tab (NEW): ‘on the Fing Desktop dashboard, there is a new ‘Notification’ tab which contains a list of notifications of new device connections. 

• Improved UI for router vulnerability report: We unified the screens for Fing Vulnerability Test (Mobile app) and Fingbox Vulnerability Test so the same data are presented and in the same format.  

• ‘Port close’ option: Now users do not have to navigate to a separate screen, instead ports can be closed directly from the analysis report page (if the router doesn’t support port closing, i.e. Google WiFi, Eero, the button close ports is not displayed). 

• ‘Restore purchase’ button location changed: The restore purchase button helps to recover your purchases and you can find this button under App settings. You can find this by clicking on Avatar icon and then click on “Try for Free” and then if you scroll down you will find the “Restore” button. 

We hope you like the updates included in this release. As mentioned, we will be releasing version 11.0 for iOS in the coming weeks also. 

Thank You, 

Fing Team 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
RobinCiaranAviBobrootedjjrice2233

Comments

• reygio349
    reygio349 Member Posts: 42
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Anniversary
    ✭✭

Hi , I have a Fingbox and active android app and just installed the desktop app on windows . On my accounts dashboard my mobile and winfows connection are checked but my Fingbox is not . Now my fingbox is blinking green .

In my mobile app monitired network it only shows the desktop not the Fingbox. I tried to add fingbox but unsuccessful.

How do I get my Fingbox again to monitor my network . ?

There was a request posted before about Integration of desktop app with fingbox to one network as most users has only 1 network ( home users) , why is Fing ignoring that suggested post that has a lot of up vote .

Now my fingbox is annoyingly blinking green and i dont see where in both web and mobile app to set or reset fingbox.

jjrice2233
  • Barrydotnet
    Barrydotnet Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic

How is Fingbox integrated?

jjrice2233
  • Marto68
    Marto68 Member Posts: 7
    5 Agrees Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Wow.

This new update has just removed what was left of Fingbox functionality, without having to upgrade to premium.

(As well as having to install Fingbox desktop)

Congratulations guys.

Your team has just taken all functionality of your flagship device, "The Fingbox",

finally forcing users to upgrade to premium if they want to use their Fingbox beyond device recognition.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

AviBobToot
  • AviBob
    AviBob Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic

First, I monitor the devices in my apartment building, I'm the owner and landlord I supply the WiFi to my tenants. I personally don't have more than my smartphone which has fing on it and the fingbox attached to the router. So, I upgraded to the new fingbox Version 11 for my android phone, now poof lost the features I need!! So I paid for the subscription believing all would come back, some did, the assigned users didn't pkus it does not see the fing server, RED LIGHT not blue. Do I need to have a Desktop version going too?

• RobertD
    RobertD Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

Golly, this is an awful update. The functionality is now mostly broken, unless you want to use desktop (I don't). My lovely Fingbox is defunct.

How could you?

BarrydotnetToot
  • AviBob
    AviBob Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic

I agree rhis update ruined fingbox seemingly.

Toot
  • Marto68

Yep, my Fingbox isn't working anymore either.

I hope that it's a problem that will get fixed.

I don't want or (shouldn't) need to install the Desktop App.

I am very disappointed.

Toot
  • Robin
    admin
    Hi @Marto68 @AviBob @RobertD

As some of you have reported, we have experienced a repeat of the server issue impacting a limited amount of Fingbox’s. 

We completely appreciate that if you are a user affected, the fact that it is a minority of Fingboxs impacted is irrelevant. Our engineering team are once again investigating this issue. We completely understand the frustration due to this repeated issue & sincerely apologise for any inconvenience. 

We are committed to resolving the issue & I will update this post (& thread) once I have received an update. 

@Marto68 Also, as you mentioned Finbox functionality has been removed, May I know which functionality has been removed from your Fingbox? As you can see from the initial post, I have already mentioned the additions and changes done with new version and there has no comment which explains any reduction in Fingbox functionality. I will be looking forward to your reply.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    BarrydotnetMarto68
  • Barrydotnet
    Barrydotnet Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    Sharing the same sentiment: "May I know which functionality has been removed from your Fingbox?" [I just bought the Fingbox a few weeks ago, imagine my reaction in seeing it greatly diminished by the publisher :-(
  • reygio349
    ✭✭

"Reduction of functionality of Fingbox"

After I added the desktop app in my home dashboard my fingbox disappeared and deactivated and my box is now blinking RED .

DESKTOP app in mobile is useless you can't scan your devices/network unless your logged in in your computer- useless update .

I ask fing to reactivate my fingbox unless now i havent recieved any notice - very frustrating and im a premium subscriber, support is slow .

When you click on " start monitoring " you don't see any options but to download the useless desktop app . See attached screenshots. And my fingbox is Gone ! Im a fund backer during their startup and got the 1st version box then i bought the latest 2nd version fingbox . After all this fing ignores their users request for integration and gave us this latest useless update on desktop app for Android.

BarrydotnetMarto68
  • Marto68

Hi @Robin

After the app update my Fingbox totally flipped out, flashing Red, and after a while came back online.

When I went to the network tab, it only had router vulnerability and find hidden camera as options and when I clicked on them it went to a premium feature screen.

WiFi Protection, Restricted Devices, auto block, wifi performance and bandwidth analysis were gone.

I had more of flashing red, and unplugged it, pretty angry and frustrated.

When I plugged it back in last night, after more red it actually came back online in the app, and those network functions were again available.

So thankfully I now have my Fingbox back, and it's working as it was before.

I jumped to the conclusion that you guys took away all the functionality us Fingbox uses have, which, thank goodness you haven't. (and hope you won't.)

I wasn't happy that you decided to go premium with the api functionality that the community all voted for, but I take back what I said in my previous post.

Sorry 🤡

• Robin
    admin
    Hi all,
    If your Fingbox is not working then please check this thread, I have updated the post that we were facing a server outage. It was nothing to do with the new Version release. 
    Link: https://community.fing.com/discussion/comment/25475#Comment_25475
    I am stating once again that none of the Fingbox functionalities has been changed or removed. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • reygio349
    ✭✭
    FINALLY ! My Fingbox is now connected and back online . I have to turn off my Plume HomePass wifi and turned On my Primary home network Asus router wifi .
    Robin
  • Shooter
    Shooter Member Posts: 78
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer
    ✭✭✭
    Well mine is not fine!

Why does my app say it's version 1.15.1 in FingBox settings , but it's version 11.0 under Account Settings? So there that, and all the other crap I had to post in 2 other threads.

Plus I still have an open ticket that I haven't had time to follow up on with Robin, regarding the app somehow seeing my Android tablet as the A.P., instead of my network's Arris modem/router. I just don't have time for all this garbage! 
  • Robin
    admin
    Shooter said:
    Well mine is not fine!

Why does my app say it's version 1.15.1 in FingBox settings , but it's version 11.0 under Account Settings? So there that, and all the other crap I had to post in 2 other threads.

Plus I still have an open ticket that I haven't had time to follow up on with Robin, regarding the app somehow seeing my Android tablet as the A.P., instead of my network's Arris modem/router. I just don't have time for all this garbage! 
    Fingbox firmware version is 1.15.1 and Fing app version is 11.0. Both of these are two different version for their application respectively.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Pixel