Am I worrying un-necessarily? All the security advice says to put the IOT on a separate network or sub net. However if you do this then the functionality of many of them like Chromecast and Hive stop working without jumping through hoops to log on to the other network, which sure defeats the object of isolating them.
My network is secured with all the usual advice to prevent it from reacting to pings and such from the internet. If I can’t be seen from the outside world how will hacker get in to compromise them?
- 5K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 942 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 102 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 37 Network Infrastructure
- 4.5K Ask about Fing
- 428 Fing Account Change Request
- 901 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 470 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 150 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 11 Community User Guides