network type not saving

Skadoo
Skadoo Member Posts: 3
Photogenic First Comment
when the health check runs I am getting a health check code of W402. I am being prompted to provide a context for my network and when I select it a few seconds later is prompts me to select one again. this started happening about a week ago and for some reason it wont take it, only happens when im not using my vpn. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Answers

• Skadoo
    Skadoo Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 14, 2021 #2
    when the health check runs I am getting a health check code of W402. I am being prompted to provide a context for my network and when I select it a few seconds later is prompts me to select one again. this started happening about a week ago and for some reason it wont take it, if I login with my vpn everything is fine. Does anyone know why this is happening?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Skadoo
    Your VPN might be the issue and VPN hides the real network identity so Fing app is unable to identify if it is scanning the same network or different.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • RSG4
    RSG4 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    I have the same problem. Every time I open Fing, it runs a scan and tells me that I need to set the context of my network (WiFi, BT HomeHub6) which I duly do but as soon as the rescan is complete, the same warning comes up. I have a BT WiFi disk as well as the hub so I assume there is some problem with multi-pathing. I read a posting that said to disconnect the Disk, set the context, reconnect the disk and, if necessary, set the context again and this would resolve the issue. If I disconnect the Disk, I can successfully set the context but the problem returns as soon as I reconnect it.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    RSG4 said:
    I have the same problem. Every time I open Fing, it runs a scan and tells me that I need to set the context of my network (WiFi, BT HomeHub6) which I duly do but as soon as the rescan is complete, the same warning comes up. I have a BT WiFi disk as well as the hub so I assume there is some problem with multi-pathing. I read a posting that said to disconnect the Disk, set the context, reconnect the disk and, if necessary, set the context again and this would resolve the issue. If I disconnect the Disk, I can successfully set the context but the problem returns as soon as I reconnect it.
    Can you go to the device list and set the network context from there and then check if the issue returns or not? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • RSG4
    First Comment
    I have tried that and it still comes up with the same warning when I click Refresh
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    RSG4 said:
    I have tried that and it still comes up with the same warning when I click Refresh
    Can you delete the network identified by Fing desktop from Fing web app and then run the scan again and set network context? It should resolve the issue.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • RSG4
    First Comment
    I viewed my network in Fing Web app and changed the name and location of the network (to something more meaningful and accurate - I am in South Wales, not central London as the app believes). Refreshed the desktop app and all seems well with the world. Thanks!
    Robin_from_Fing