Remove device ios

FingyFangzFingyFangz Member Posts: 6
First Comment

Hello,

I’m up against someone with computer skills enough to get past my firewall. Anyway I reset everything to get rid of some unwanted devices and now I’m having trouble kicking out devices in fing. There isn’t a block or manage section with this one device in particular.

If I click on anything, it just bounces back to the previous screen. Logged in and out. That just cancels the remove device command. The device is still there!

Answers

• FingyFangzFingyFangz Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,696
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @FingyFangz
    Removing a device will only ignore the device and deletes from the Fing App. It means that you do not want to monitor that particular device but when you rescan the network and if the device is still connected to that network, it will appear again on the network. Removing a device does not delete the device from the network. 
    In order to block a device you need a Fingbox. For more information, check this link: https://www.fing.com/products/fingbox
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • FingyFangzFingyFangz Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited February 17

I have a Fingbox connected to a Bitdefender Box 2 that has a 2.4 and 5G wifi signal. The fingbox monitors the BD Box 2 seperately from “current wifi”.

If the current wifi my phone connects to is the same as the network the security devices are on, than I’m able to see everything else on that network including the unwanted devices not listed in Fingbox!

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,696
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @FingyFangz
    Both Bitdefender and Fingbox can only work well together if you follow the steps below:

1. You can turn monitoring off on Fingbox in Bitdefender app, so that BD won't arp spoof Fingbox, and Fingbox won't report gateway change alert.  

2. Don't use the blocking feature in FingBox, it won't trigger arp spoofing against devices. But if you want to use the blocking feature, the arp spoof messages from FingBox may interference how BD works. Our recommendation will be to use BD app to block devices. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!