Fing CLI 5.5.2 showing current time for "Last State Change" column every discovery cycle

heynnema
heynnema Member Posts: 8
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited February 12, 2021 in Getting started #1
I'm running Fing CLI 5.5.2 on Ubuntu 20.10. Every discovery cycle it updates the "Last State Change" column to the current time... instead of showing actual device state change times (like it did in older Fing versions). How to fix and show actual device change times again?
Thanks! Al
Tagged:

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,665
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @heynnema, let me tag @Robin from Fing to see if he can lend a hand.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • heynnema
    @marc... thanks for your help!
  • heynnema
    @Robin Can you please help me? Thanks!
  • heynnema
    @Marc I never heard from @Robin.
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,665
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You tagged him again which is good.  I’ll keep an eye out...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    Apologies for not getting back earlier @heynnema
    Can you let me know when was the last time it was working fine. We have not updated our CLI as it is not supported. Fing desktop was created to replace CLI. Currently it is only for Windows and MAC but there may be Linux version in near future.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • heynnema
    Thanks so much for your reply. The oldest fing that I have an installer for is 5.4.0, and it has the same problem. If you can get me access to older versions, I'll be glad to try them, and then determine when it broke. Specifically what happens is that for each discovery cycle, it re-finds network devices that had previously been discovered, discovered again, and then thinks that the change time is the current time.
    Cheers, Al
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @heynnema
    The earlier version might not available now. You can try to delete all the version or their traces and install the new version again while I am seeking further advice from our developers on this. As soon as there is an update, I will let you know.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • heynnema
    @Robin Thanks again for your assistance. I did install a really old version 2.2 and it worked fine. Reinstalling 5.5.2 made no difference.
    Robin_from_Fing
  • heynnema
    @Robin status please...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    heynnema said:
    @Robin status please...
    I have not received any update from developers as of now since we are trying to resolve other issue with our server outages. I will pass your feedback again to developers and will update you once I have a reply. Thanks for your patience.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • heynnema
    @Robin have the developers EVER responded to you about getting a fix/patch for Fing CLI 5.x.x?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    heynnema said:
    @Robin have the developers EVER responded to you about getting a fix/patch for Fing CLI 5.x.x?
    @heynnema
    Currently, we are actively discussing how the different products fit together, including Fing CLI. We’ll have a schedule for a Fing CLI update when we have finalized that discussion. At this stage, we don't have an update for the timeframe but we are looking into it. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)