fing box being assigned duplicate ip

schapman
schapman Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited February 12, 2021 in Fingbox #1

I haven't really been able to use my Fingbox as it keeps showing up with a duplicate ip when plugged in. I have restarted my modem and router yet it continually shows up as the same ip as my phone even though I have a static ip for my phone . This is the only device I have this problem with. Any help on how to fix this?

**Edited to add I've had the box for several years and used it with no real problems but for the last several months, I've had to have it offline in order to use my phone. I can't pinpoint exactly when the issue started or why because I really haven't paid too much attention to it until my phone started to be unable to access the internet over Wi-Fi. 🤔

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2021 #2
    Hi @schapman..  Now this is an interesting problem.  Have you checked your router and by any chance has the Fingbox ever been assigned a DHCP reserved address from it?  Could that be in conflict ?  If I were going to troubleshoot this, I would move the phone back to DHCP and see if the Fingbox is still assigned the same address.

EDIT:  I moved this to the Fingbox area for relevance.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing