Outage - Server issue RESOLVED

Comments

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,082
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Robin said:

This is exactly the same on my iPhone - no firmware version shown by the app, just the MAC address

I dont have an apple device to check. But to isolate this, @PeterP Are you also using an Apple device to run Fing app?

@Robin, I can confirm that the firmware does not display on that screen, latest version of IOS and the Fing mobile app.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • PeterP
    PeterP Member, Beta Tester Posts: 65
    Second Anniversary 25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments
    ✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2021 #183
    Robin said:

This is exactly the same on my iPhone - no firmware version shown by the app, just the MAC address

I dont have an apple device to check. But to isolate this, @PeterP Are you also using an Apple device to run Fing app?

Of course, iPhone and iPad mean Apple devices. Don't your QA people test on them as well as Android? If not, you need to make the investment.
    P.S. earlier versions of the App did show the firmware version. One of your engineering must have mistakenly removed it.
  • rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 895
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Robin I confirm it does not show on Android.

• rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2021 #185

On Fing for Android through settings I can see firmware revision.

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @rooted @Marc for testing.
    @PeterP
    I can confirm this is a small UI bug only happening on Apple devices. I have passed this on to developers for review. With new version Fing 11 for iOS which will be released in a few weeks, this will be resolved as well. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • OU812
    OU812 Member Posts: 68
    25 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    @Robin It seems Fingbox went down this morning at 0500 GMT as again I’m seeing it’s unreachable. Yes, I’m on latest firmware. And before we start my internet isn’t down, the cable is fine and my ip isn’t conflicted...
  • Shooter
    Shooter Member Posts: 81
    ✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2021 #188
    This is unbelievable! First it's the never ending server bullshit, now this!
    I'm getting a notification that my FingBox has been undiscoverable since Tuesday, as well as constant online/offline notifications tonight.  I just noticed that the digital fence functionality is missing. 

Additionally, my FingBox sees my Android tablet as the A.P., instead of my Arris modem/router through Xfinity. And I can't change it! Absolutely ridiculous!  

I don't have the time to be babysitting all this, and I shouldn't have to. I said it before and I'll say it say again, I'm betting this is the new ownership making FingBox owners so frustrated and angry, that well give up and cave in to the new pricing model. If it's not, then FIX THIS B.S.!!!
  • OU812
    ✭✭
    Still down an hour later...
    seh2000
  • OU812
    ✭✭
    Still down 2 hours later...it seems Fing is not 24/7 support and on this basis it is becoming difficult to recommend with this level of service interruption.
    Shooterseh2000
  • bjlaurie
    bjlaurie Florida, USMember, Beta Tester Posts: 11
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    ✭✭
    I keep getting online and offline emails, which is absurd since I have to be connected to the internet to get my email! None of my other devices are having trouble connecting, why is Fingbox? 
    OU812
  • Shooter
    ✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2021 #192
    OU812 said:
    Still down 2 hours later...it seems Fing is not 24/7 support and on this basis it is becoming difficult to recommend with this level of service interruption.
    Couldn't agree more! And since we don't receive notifications about these outages and similar issues, one might not realize that their network has not been protected for the past 5+ days, as it was in my case when my FingBox somehow became undiscoverable without my knowledge, or a notification from Fing.

If I hadn't checked the forum tonight, I would have gone on believing my network was being protected when in fact, it hasn't been, because these latest issues apparently don't affect FingBox's blue light. Furthermore, you can bet their are thousands of FingBox owners worldwide who don't realize their networks might not be protected, and won't know unless by chance they come here and stumble upon this thread. Ridiculous! 
    OU812
  • rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All I can do is confirm the service is indeed down currently, I apologize the for the inconvenience.

My Fingbox has once again failed to notify me of anything, it's just sitting there with no lights on and when I just opened the app it won't connect to the Fingbox.

@Robin @Ciaran There is a problem again with Fing services.

OU812seh2000
  • rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do any of you have the Local API feature enabled in fingbox settings?

• OU812
    ✭✭
    Shooter said:
    OU812 said:
    Couldn't agree more! And since we don't receive notifications about these outages and similar issues, one might not realize that their network has not been protected for the past 5+ days, as it was in my case when my FingBox somehow became undiscoverable without my knowledge, or a notification from Fing.

If I hadn't checked the forum tonight, I would have gone on believing my network was being protected when in fact, it hasn't been, because these latest issues apparently don't affect FingBox's blue light. Furthermore, you can bet their are thousands of FingBox owners worldwide who don't realize their networks might not be protected, and won't know unless by chance they come here and stumble upon this thread. Ridiculous! 
    Unfortunately we established in February that the user base needs to inform Fing of a service issue, they have not yet developed an automated solution to identify failures. We’ve also commented on the need for a status confirmation in the app so people are aware of issues once recognised. Lastly, it has become well documented that support is below that now expected in the market which is reflected on commentary here and on Amazon in the review section for the Fingbox. 
    I don’t fancy using Domotz as an alternate solution due to the revised subscription tiers.
    it looks like bit defender 2 is a possibility though it can slow a network down.
    any other options we should consider?
  • OU812
    ✭✭
    Back up after 4 hours but no official comment as to why...
  • rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2021 #197

My service was back up about 30 minutes ago but just long enough to do a speed test then went down again.

It's currently up and working.

seh2000
  • seh2000
    seh2000 IrelandMember, Beta Tester Posts: 113
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Agrees First Answer
    ✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2021 #198
    @Robin
    2:28am Fingbox went offline then it went on line / offline over the following hours, like 20 times and came final (at least for now) online at 9:30am....
    Sorry to say but your product starts to suck on top the release 2.5.1 can't for many users not ne installed! 
    I used to be a very happy use and supporter, note the "USED to"!
    Can't do speed test as the PC I used can't install 2.5.1 so now I have to install on other computer which is not in my office :( that is if 2.5.1 works on that one ;)

Steen
  • OU812
    ✭✭
    Down again...
    seh2000
  • seh2000
    ✭✭✭
    OU812 said:
    Down again...
    same here....like in 8 to 10 min intervals.... 
  • OU812
    ✭✭

Still no recognition from the Fing team...

• rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a fingbox or are you using Fing Desktop?

• Bzglwrtz
    Bzglwrtz Member Posts: 46
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    It seems to be related to outages with app.fing.com.  My Fingbox is reported as being offline at the same time as app.fing.com is down, while direct HTTP access to the Fingbox on my local network works fine.  It would be good to get more data on this: Are you getting a 504 Gateway Timeout error from app.fing.com at the same time your Fingbox is reported as being offline?
    Incidentally, there are currently two other threads covering this in the same forum, maybe posts should be redirected to this one.

seh2000
  • Owenlars
    Owenlars Member Posts: 16
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Do Fing ever provide bulletins on what's going on?  My two fingboxes have worked almost faultlessly until today.  Whats happening now seems to be completely random.
  • seh2000
    ✭✭✭
    rooted said:
    @Robin<\/a>
    2:28am Fingbox went offline then it went on line \/ offline over the following hours, like 20 times and came final (at least for now) online at 9:30am....
    Sorry to say but your product starts to suck on top the release 2.5.1 can't for many users not ne installed! 
    I used to be a very happy use and supporter, note the \"USED to\"!
    Can't do speed test as the PC I used can't install 2.5.1 so now I have to install on other computer which is not in my office :( that is if 2.5.1 works on that one ;)

Steen","bodyRaw":"@Robin
    2:28am Fingbox went offline then it went on line \/ offline over the following hours, like 20 times and came final (at least for now) online at 9:30am....
    I used to be a very happy use and supporter, note the \"USED to\"!

Steen","format":"wysiwyg","dateInserted":"2021-03-06T09:53:14+00:00","insertUser":{"userID":912,"name":"seh2000","url":"https:\/\/community.fing.com\/profile\/seh2000","photoUrl":"https:\/\/us.v-cdn.net\/6031733\/uploads\/userpics\/26IPW1SNSNJ8\/nWVH2IRS4IHQ3.png","dateLastActive":"2021-03-06T13:46:12+00:00","label":"✭✭"},"displayOptions":{"showUserLabel":false,"showCompactUserInfo":true,"showDiscussionLink":false,"showPostLink":false,"showCategoryLink":false,"renderFullContent":false,"expandByDefault":false},"url":"https:\/\/community.fing.com\/discussion\/comment\/26327#Comment_26327","embedType":"quote"}"> https://community.fing.com/discussion/comment/26327#Comment_26327

Do you have a fingbox or are you using Fing Desktop?

Hi rooted,
    I have a fingbox V1, I have windowsdesktop and the macdesktop 
    rooted
  • seh2000
    ✭✭✭
    Bzglwrtz said:
    It seems to be related to outages with app.fing.com.  My Fingbox is reported as being offline at the same time as app.fing.com is down, while direct HTTP access to the Fingbox on my local network works fine.  It would be good to get more data on this: Are you getting a 504 Gateway Timeout error from app.fing.com at the same time your Fingbox is reported as being offline?
    Incidentally, there are currently two other threads covering this in the same forum, maybe posts should be redirected to this one.

No I have not seen 504, but the web page is super slow... 
  • Bzglwrtz
    ✭✭
    That seems to be part of it, Gateway Timeout / Fingbox "offline" -> extremely slow response -> normal operation again and then your Fingbox will return.
  • Bzglwrtz
    ✭✭
    Just hit it again, "Fingbox offline" -> app.fing.com down, and just now responding but taking forever to do so, it's now taken several minutes to load, and eventually gives a "500 Internal Server Error".
  • rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Bzglwrtz
    ✭✭
    You mean of app.fing.com?  Just trying to connect to it.
  • Shooter
    ✭✭✭
    Can one of you tell me why my FingBox would have the following TCP Ports all open: 53, 80, 443, & 8080
This discussion has been closed.