Outage - Server issue 25th February 2021 (Resolved: New Firmware Release)

Comments

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,102
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @nozero, I am sorry to hear. As you have been troubleshooting with Robin in a private DM, please respond to him via private DM so he can assist you further. He will then reply to you on his return on Monday. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • OU812OU812 Member Posts: 39
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Yes, another outage,  7 hours so far...
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 828
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Came back for 30 mins this morning and has dropped server connection again
    ✭✭
    @Robin

why has my Fing box started to drop connections over the past 5 days, intermittent service?

Gero
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 828
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No issues with your Internet I'm guessing?

Gero
    ✭✭
    no, can speed test from app on device but network shown as unreachable 
    ✭✭
    Still up and down...
    Gero
    ✭✭

Raised a ticket

Gero
  • GeroGero Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Since last Night i have red and yellow lights.  This Morning my fingbox is unreachable from the app (letztes Update 1 Woche vorher).  Blue Light, 5 minutes reachable, Now the same again, red light (the internet connection is ok) and the windows desktop shows an empty screen for my network. 10 minutes later it´s working . What shit happens ?
    OU812
  • JakeDJakeD Member Posts: 11
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Not working for me, either, or when it does, very intermittent - I thought it was my fingbox, and tried to raise a ticket but the link just sent me to the community portal.

I have tried to raise a ticket, or at look for how to raise a ticket, but all avenues push me to this community forum. Is there an on-going issue with FIngbox, or the relevant servers? On the app, it doesn't seem to be updating, and the data is very out-dated.

Internet itself is working fine. And surely at the same time, two Fingboxes can't have stopped working, in two separate locations, with different ISP's!
    "why has my Fing box started to drop connections over the past 5 days, intermittent service" - I Have the same Problem for the last 2 Days. 5 Minutes blue light, everything ist fine, then red light, no update of the database in the app and on desktop. My location is germany near cologne, Vodafone Cable (1 Gbit down / 50 Mbit up)
    ✭✭
    JakeD said:
    Not working for me, either, or when it does, very intermittent - I thought it was my fingbox, and tried to raise a ticket but the link just sent me to the community portal.

I’ve managed to raise a ticket, I just wish they’d acknowledge they have an issue rather than waste users time problem solving at their end.
    GeroRhino8898nozero
  • Rhino8898Rhino8898 Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    I use the fingbox v1 for many years, no problems - but in the last days many connection problems, very intermittent - i thing it´s a problem withe the fing sever or the database. now i have the rotating yellow light.
    OU812
    Judging by the number of users mentioning it above, it must be a widespread issue, and not individual issues, as I originally thought.
    Anyone have a link on where to raise a ticket?

Hopefully the more of us that raise a ticket, the ore likely this issue will be seen and subsequently resolved.
    ✭✭
    JakeD said:
    Judging by the number of users mentioning it above, it must be a widespread issue, and not individual issues, as I originally thought.
    Anyone have a link on where to raise a ticket?

Hopefully the more of us that raise a ticket, the ore likely this issue will be seen and subsequently resolved.
    Send an email to [email protected]
    JakeD
    ✭✭
    Gero said:
    I use the fingbox v1 for many years, no problems - but in the last days many connection problems, very intermittent - i thing it´s a problem withe the fing sever or the database. now i have the rotating yellow light.
    I still have flashing orange, long and then 2 short
  • ShooterShooter Member Posts: 44
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    edited February 16
    OU812 said:
    @Robin

why has my Fing box started to drop connections over the past 5 days, intermittent service?

Ditto!!!
    Ever since the subscription service ambush, and the pushback by FingBox owners, in my opinion, this company and its new owners have been deliberately causing issues in order to frustrate us into either subscribing or leaving altogether. Why?... because they see FingBox owners as a pain to keep satisfied, while I'm also assuming that it's costly to maintain as a part of their new structure and future direction. Of course there will be fervent company denial, but such tactics are certainly not uncommon in the name of "profits at any cost". But that's just my opinion! 
    ✭✭
    Came on for a minute, sighted in and out as all history lost from 6th Feb and guess what, unreachable again...
    ✭✭
    Database issue then?
  • ShooterShooter Member Posts: 44
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    ✭✭
      BTW, the title needs to be changed from:
    "Outage - Server issue 9th February 2021 (FIXED)"
                                          to
    "Outage - Server issue 9th - 16th February 2021(STILL UNRESOLVED)" 
    gyreseh2000OU812JakeDnozero
  • seh2000seh2000 IrelandMember, Beta Tester Posts: 82
    10 Comments First Answer First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭
    I have the same issue with a fingbox V1 that is leaving and coming for the past hours.
    Android App can't show speed test  on and off.
  • gyregyre Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    fingbox v1 user here.  box marked as down an hour ago.  i can ping it, but no other functionality
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi All, I have updated the initial post to reflect the current issues. Also, I have sent private mail to users who are still facing the issues so I can manually troubleshoot and resolve this issue. Please check your inboxes. Thanks.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    seh2000rootednozero
    ✭✭

I had a reply to my ticket - there is an issue with servers adversely impacting a few Fing boxes which they are looking to resolve. No other support as they said my box was now working - which it was.

Interestingly all speed test reports from my schedule from 6th Feb were lost!

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @nozero
    You have created multiple support tickets and instead of replying to one email, you are creating a new email which makes it difficult to keep all information in one place and help you better. I have merged your similar tickets and responded to you so we can quickly resolve your issue. Sending private mail is to address the issue quickly rather than in the community. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭
    Is there another outage @Robin, I’ve been down for 3 hours this afternoon...
    ✭✭

Back and now down again...