DHCP Discovery doesn't end

shawwellpete
shawwellpete Member Posts: 3
First Comment
HI Guys,
I'm new to this forum, so thank you in advance for any help.
I have been having some problems with my network so I thought I'd give Fing Premium a go. I have BT Fibre and a Homehub 2 router with 3 discs, I also have two other old routers wired to the network with DHCP turned off that I use, one for the garden and one for a basement where I need a wifi signal as the alarm box is there.
Fing has identified two issues 
- I have been regularly getting DNS server issues, which randomly come and go. The router does not allow me to change the DNS servers but changing those on my laptop to Open DNS did not seem to help
- I am getting indications of DHCP problems, I have double checked to two extra routers to make sure they are not acting as servers and they have static IP address outside of the DHCP range of the home hub 2. 
Having paid for premium I thought I would try DHCP discovery and it starts and never ends, just gets stick on this

Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @shawwellpete

Can you confirm if you have any VPN connection or any firewall running on your device which is blocking the connection of Fing Desktop to its servers?

If you have any firewall, can you either disable it or put Fing Desktop in Whitelist so it can make the connection to its servers and then check if the issue persists?

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • shawwellpete
    First Comment
    Hi Robin,

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I do not use any firewall or VPN on this laptop
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Hi Robin,

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I do not use any firewall or VPN on this laptop
    Will it be possible for you to go to Safe mode with networking and then open Fing desktop and run the scan again? Check if the issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • shawwellpete
    First Comment
    I am using OSX, how do you go into Safe mode with Networking
    is it this?
    How do I start a Mac in Safe Mode
    1. Start your Mac.
    2. Press and hold the Shift key.
    3. The Apple logo should appear.
    4. When the login window appears release the shift key and log in.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Hi @shawwellpete
    It is correct. You can reboot in normal mode and then check if the issue continues?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)