IP Phone Address

C_McK_Tucson
C_McK_Tucson Member Posts: 8
Photogenic First Comment
I have an Arras router/modem first in line delivering my internet service, I also have an IP phone connection as part of my service as well. I have noted the Arras has 2 IP addresses listed in the Fing scan, and 2 MAC addresses. Would my interpretation of the IP address nnn.nnn.nnn.0 as the router itself, and the other IP address as that IP phone number address?

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    if the Arris has dual WiFi bands, each band could have its own IP and associated MAC address.  This could be what your seeing...  Do the MAC addresses seem similar, with only a couple of characters off?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • C_McK_Tucson
    Photogenic First Comment
    Marc, thanks for responding. After looking, you are correct, the two MAC addresses were similar down to the last two places. And it makes sense now, since there are two WIFI bands. And I guess that means that the IP Phone is handled internally to the modem/router and does not get assigned its own IP address, it somehow is handled internally under one of those two bands. Or, if I am wrong, please advise. Thanks Again.
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you screenshot what your seeing and post?  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • C_McK_Tucson
    Photogenic First Comment
    Well, I would rather not since it would be providing you with the full list of items on my network, which is what I am using Fing for. There are two screens full of items, and everything is accounted for now, except for the IP phone, which plugs into the modem.router using a standard phone cable.