DHCP

jamzm
jamzm Pittsburgh, PA, USAMember Posts: 126
100 Comments Second Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes
✭✭
edited February 5, 2021 in Fing Desktop #1

Since latest update, fing found 5 or 6 static ip's & suggests letting DHCP assign dynamic. Ran DHCP Discovery tool. It indicates

"collecting final DHCP info" for almost an hour. How long should that take? I wasn't aware of any static ip's.

I used to be fat.
Tagged:

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @jamzm
    Are you using any Static IP address on your network?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • jamzm
    ✭✭

Hi Robin. I was not aware of any.

I used to be fat.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    jamzm said:

Hi Robin. I was not aware of any.

To help isolate the issue, please perform the following steps: 

1. What is 'Home' healthcheck saying? if you can share a screenshot or even better a shared report, it would be very helpful. 

2. Share the output of commands: 'ipconfig' and 'route print' from command line 

3. Share the agent log: To access the agent log files: 

•  

• Click on the Fing Desktop version in the bottom-left hand side of the screen 

• This will display two folders to open. We will need specific files from each of these folders. 

• Firstly, click on 'Open App Log Folder' 

• When the folder opens, we will now need to compress and share the log.log file (titled 'log' - all lowercase). To compress and share: right click on the file; choose 'Send to' & then choose 'Compressed zip folder'. 

• Back in Fing Desktop, now click on the 2nd folder 'Open Service Log Folder' 

• Compress all files inside the Service Log folder and follow the same process as previous.  

• Please attach both compressed files to your e-mail response to us. 

4. Finally, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser "http://127.0.0.1:48080/getFingagentinfo". This will then display device information. Please copy and paste the text into your reply e-mail to us. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • jamzm
    ✭✭
    Thanks, Robin, but I misstated the issue.  There are 7 different issues.  DHCP, ethernet too fast, network details, info about health check, network connection, info about isp, geolocation, gateway recognition, info about connected network.  23 checks completed, 6 pending. Not sure what it's all about.  No warn, fail or premium. 23 checks completed, 6 pending.  Is any of this even a problem?
    I used to be fat.