What is the Operating temperature of the Fingbox?

stephan
stephan Member Posts: 17
10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
I am using the Fingbox in an environment where the temperature sometimes is below zero degrees celsius. What is the operating temperature of the Fingbox? I'm experiencing issues where the Fingbox goes offline several times a day, but I'm not sure the reason for this.

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,652
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @stephan, tagging @Robin from Fing to answer.  This is the first time I've heard this question asked so nothing in the sites history to refer back to...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    @stephan
    There is no operating temperature for Fingbox. It works on normal room temperature or can work up to below zero degree celsius. If the temperature is more than 40 degree Celcius then we usually ask to keep Fingbox in a cool place so as not to heat up the CPU inside.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Speedf
    Speedf Member Posts: 34
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's temperature related, but it's now summer in the UK and it's (a bit) hotter than usual.  I have two fingboxes, on different separate networks, and I've noticed that they seem to go "offline".  Either wait a bit and they come back, or a quick reboot usually sorts.  I notice when they do go offline they are quite warm to the touch.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited July 1, 2021 #5
    Speedf said:
    Not sure if it's temperature related, but it's now summer in the UK and it's (a bit) hotter than usual.  I have two fingboxes, on different separate networks, and I've noticed that they seem to go "offline".  Either wait a bit and they come back, or a quick reboot usually sorts.  I notice when they do go offline they are quite warm to the touch.
    I would advise to keep the Fingbox in an open space and if you are using V1-Fingbox, you can take it out of its silicon blue cover as well. I have sent you a private message to address this. Please reply to my message directly.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!