Fing says cannot recognize?

Morgman73
Morgman73 Member Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic
edited February 3, 2021 in Fing App #1
   Fing is saying that it cannot recognize two devices that just went online in my household? It is saying that it cannot determine if they are cameras or now. Is this something that I should worry about and what could the probability that they are cameras be? I’m worries as my roommate is starting to act weird. Thank you in advance. 
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,718
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Thats interesting.  That address is normally reserved for your router.  Try entering http://192.168.1.1 in your browser window and see what comes up in your browser.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #3 Accepted Answer
    To your internal network, a router is usually open.  It has to be as its doing so many things like giving out iP addresses, filtering internet traffic, providing name resolution etc...  

Answers

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you post the MAC addresses of the devices?  Maybe we can help you figure out what they are.  Assuming that Fing see's therm as generic devices?
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Morgman73
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thank you and will do when I get back from work. I suppose I need to be more descriptive when asking these questions. I’ll get that info. I appreciate it a ton. Thank you. 
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Morgman73
    First Comment Photogenic
    192.168.1.1 This is all I found and it does not have an exposed MAC address. There’s multiple IP addresses for this one. Not sure what it means. Thank you in advance for your help. 
  • Morgman73
    First Comment Photogenic
    Awesome. I’ll try that and let you know. Appreciate it.
  • Morgman73
    First Comment Photogenic
    Yes. That is a router. Is that normal for the router to make its address exposed? I’m new to this so I’m asking ridiculous questions. Sorry and thank you.