Frontier delivers 54mbps but more than a third rate it just 1 star

Gidster
Gidster London, UKMember Posts: 224
100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
✭✭✭

As of 23rd July 2019 the Fing ISP scoreboard placed Frontier Communications a poor 16th place in the USA in terms of speed and 15th place in terms of ratings provided by our app users. 

With an average download speed of 54.3mbps and 45mbps upload speed, it has achieved a Fing speed rating of 2.2 out of 5. On average Fing app users rate Frontier 2.8 out of 5 stars, puting it in the top 45% in the US. 40% of Fing app user rate Frontier 4 or 5 stars out of 5, while a substantial 35% give it just 1 star.

Between 4th April and July 11th July 2019, the Fing Outage Detector registered 16 outages across the US for Frontier Communications, 5 of them of a moderate to very high severity.

Are you or have you been a Frontier customer? How are they doing where you live? Is it reliability that is hitting its ratings most?
Head of Product at Fing
Tagged:

Comments

• TexEx
    TexEx Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited August 7, 2019 #2
    Where I live in Texas, my FingBox registers 3ms Latency, Download of 850 Mbps and an Upload of 227.4 on its last reading.  It seems to have good reliability, although last week it was down for 13 minutes (4 times) in total.  I have been a customer since Frontier bought the utility from Verizon a few years ago.
    Gidster
  • Lee_Bo
    Lee_Bo Member Posts: 271
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    When Frontier was here here I live, the best they could do was DSL so they didn't last long with Spectrum already at 100 megs at that time.
    Gidster