The fingbox is flashing orange and cannot connect

Lucya
Lucya Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
edited February 1, 2021 in Fingbox #1
I haven't used my fingbox for nearly a year but since I have connected it (1 week ago) it has been flashing orange and doesn't work. I have read that this might be because there is an internet outage etc.. but my internet works fine. I use cable internet and everything else connected to it works fine. I have checked the connection (power usb chord and ethernet chord straight into modem). What else could be the problem? Do I have to contact my internet service provide even though my internet works fine?

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,802
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you upgraded any network equipment in the time since you last used it?  Do you perhaps have a firewall in the mix?  The Fingbox also requires a number of ports to be available for it to communicate to its web services.  From this link...  https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/firewall-compatibility/

... Due to the distributed and resilient design of Fing services, we recommend giving Fing app and Fingbox access to the full Internet. If you want to limit outbound connections and still ensure minimum functionality, make sure to allow Fingbox to reach any IP address on the following TCP ports: 80, 443, 4443, 5671.

In addition, the ports needed for the Internet Speed Test, provided by M-Lab include 3001, 3002, 3003.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    In addition to Marc's advice, @Lucya please check the troubleshooting steps on this article for orange led: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/led-light-guide/
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Lucya
    Lucya Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

How do I upgrade network equipment? Is there a guide? How do I allow fingbox to access these ports U suggested. I am not an IT person so really need some step by step guidance please.

Thanks

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Lucya said:

How do I upgrade network equipment? Is there a guide? How do I allow fingbox to access these ports U suggested. I am not an IT person so really need some step by step guidance please.

Thanks

For ports, if you are unsure, I would advise getting in touch with your ISP and they can help you better based on your modem model number.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!