Fing Desktop | Ability to flag network interfaces to ignore

I've encountered an issue in Fing Desktop 2.4.1 on PCs where there are multiple network adapters.

I have a PC with a Wireless adapter and an Ethernet adapter.
The Ethernet adapter is my primary network connection, and the only adapter I would want Fing to connect to for network analysis.
The Wireless adapter only connects to an IoT device for monitoring purposes. In my case, the IoT device is a Tesla Powerwall Battery. The Powerwall and gateway device have their own WiFi hotspot and Web configuration interface. I do not want Fing to connect to this adapter for network analysis.

The issue is that when Fing decides to treat the wireless network as the network for analysis, many of the connectivity health checks hang, and Fing goes into a broken and unrecoverable state. Full details of the issue can be found in this post - The Fing app has been showing "Analysing your setup 21 checks completed, 7 pending." for days. — Fing Community

The feature request is to add a feature to Fing to allow specific discovered network adapters to be flagged as not to be a analysed.

Comments

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @AnthonyB
    Thanks for the suggestion 
    I will pass this suggestion on to our developers for review. If there is an update, I will let you know.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    AnthonyB
  • SteveSaunders
    SteveSaunders Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi @AnthonyB
    Thanks for the suggestion 
    I will pass this suggestion on to our developers for review. If there is an update, I will let you know.

Any Update on this? I'm running in to the same problem with my home surveillance setup and would really like a fix. I can't imagine it would be too hard to add in a way to ignore a specific network adapter.