Not found but on the list on fing app

HYUN
HYUN Member Posts: 5
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hi!

I just recently purchased a uesed Fingbox from ebay and when I go to add it to my account it keeps saying. "Fingbox not found, please make sure you are connected to the same Wi-Fi your Fingbox is plugged into." But I am connected to the same network/Wi-Fi my Fingbox is on, I can see the Fingbox IP address in my router and the light is slowly pulsing green on the Fingbox. So im confused, why is the app not discovering the Fingbox? if I run a regular scan in the Fing app, it even shows up in the list of devices, but it wont add it to my account!

If someone coud help me that would me great! 

Thanks / Hyun

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,666
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @HYUN, its possible this unit was not properly deregistered from the previous owner.  I will tag a few folks from Fing to help you out.  If its just a registration issue, they should be able to resolve this.  They will need some info from you but please wait till they respond.  @Robin or @Ciaran, if you could...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • HYUN
    It's snapshot of previous owner's ping account, he also said as below
    ==>  I  just logged into my account and the device was de-provisioned from the account before shipping as evidenced by the attached screenshot. 

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,666
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries @hyun. The Fing staff can check its status via its serial number. Don’t post anything till they ask you though.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    @HYUN
    I have sent you a private message as I would need some of your personal network details to guide you. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • HYUN
    edited January 27, 2021 #6
  • HYUN
    Robin said:
    Thanks @Marc
    @HYUN
    I have sent you a private message as I would need some of your personal network details to guide you. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Already answered it via email.
    Any update on this ?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    HYUN said:

Already answered it via email.
    Any update on this ?
    Please check your inbox. I am waiting for your reply as I shared some steps.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • HYUN
    Now it's working well after adjust "DNS reverse lookup in fing app setting. Thanks for great support
    Robin_from_FingMarc