BSSID is not my SSID??
Recently have had a large number of SSID’s pop up as wifi points and I’ve had my devices behaving strangely (pw resets, device system changes etc) so I tried to hunt a little further. Connecting to my 2.5 SSID I ran a network diagnostic that have me the list of available wifi points, including the bssid. On my other laptop again connected to my ssid I did the following in command prompt after googling how to check Mac/ip addresses... I pinged 192.168.0.255 then entered arp -a, the physical address it said I was connected to was the bssid for an SSID in the network diagnostics report on the other laptop that I don’t know.
Greatly appreciate any help provided 🙏
- 5.6K All Categories
- 2.8K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1K Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 112 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 42 Network Infrastructure
- 5K Ask about Fing
- 502 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.3K Fing App
- 1.6K Fingbox
- 485 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 157 Community Updates
- 24 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides