Traffic measurement

ato53
ato53 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
Hello,

using my provider statistics, I discover a usage of more than 40 GB in one day.
I would like to know who is responsible for that.
Is there a feature in Fing that allows me to measure the network usage of all devices (and not a specific one during a limited period).
Thanks

Comments

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,740
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @ato53

For uploading of data, automated Internet Speed tests are set as a default for all Fingbox users. This is the reason, Fingbox is able to send the Internet performance report every month. The scheduled test takes about 30 seconds. It figures out your internet speed by measuring how much data can move through your connection in that time, in download and in the upload. The test uses different amounts of data depending on how fast your connection is and where you do the test. For example, a typical test in the U.S. can use up to 20 MB- 20Gb of data.

If you turn off the scheduled Internet performance, it will stop the traffic but you will not be able to obtain the Internet performance report every month. I hope it clarifies your query.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • ato53
    ato53 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Hello,
    thanks for your answer.
    But I do not say Fing is responsible for the traffic I observed.
    I just want to know if there is a function that will help me know the amount of traffic per device.
    Thanks
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,740
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @ato53
    You can use the Bandwidth Analysis feature if you are using Fingbox. Refer to this article: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/bandwidth-analysis-feature/
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • moulsham
    moulsham Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    As I understand it, the Bandwidth analysis only works when you fire it up -- what I think the OP (and me) is after is something that alerts him or at least identifies a device that IS using a lot of bandwidth -- i.e. can you run a bandwidth measurement all the time?