Wi-Fi security alert

CREart
CREart Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
Dears,
I need help please! I have faced this alert too many times, most of time the MAC addresses is "e4:7d:eb:43:c5:d7"
"e4:7d:eb:50:31:f5"
"e4:7d:eb:50:36:bc"
which after MAC lookup it belongs to "Shanghai Notion Information Technology" which I don't think I have any device belongs to this company. How can I know if this is a true alert or a false one?

You can see further in the snapshots.

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,666
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The vendor you listed, Shanghai Notion Information Technology, is a vendor of radios (WiFi and LTE) for IOT devices.  Could be a plug, camera, wall switch, phone.  My guess is its having a hard time connecting to your network and flooding it accordingly.  

One way to figure out what it is would be to start shutting down things the next time its broadcasting till the earning goes away.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing
  • CREart
    Yesterday and Today I got 46 notification in the app and to my email, this was gone lately and now it is back. I am very annoyed of this and thinking of cancelling my premium subscription and get rid of the Fing box. 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    CREart said:
    Yesterday and Today I got 46 notification in the app and to my email, this was gone lately and now it is back. I am very annoyed of this and thinking of cancelling my premium subscription and get rid of the Fing box. 
    Please refer to this post: https://community.fing.com/discussion/6370/outage-server-issue-ongoing-dev-team-investigating#latest
    which discusses that we are facing server outages issue and our developers have explained it in detail about the issue. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • CREart
    Robin said:
    CREart said:
    Please refer to this post: https://community.fing.com/discussion/6370/outage-server-issue-ongoing-dev-team-investigating#latest
    which discusses that we are facing server outages issue and our developers have explained it in detail about the issue. Thanks
    Hi Robin,

I figured out the problem, I was broadcasting wifi 2.4G on channel 4, which Fing was suspected the attack on this wifi, it never alerted me on 5G, when I changed the wifi 2.4G to channel 6, the problem disappeared completely now. I hope some one will find this useful.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks
    Robin_from_Fing