Bryan_K
Bryan_K Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
Hi, I logged into the Fing app via my Apple ID. I then purchased a premium subscription. When I try to login to the Desktop version, there is no option to use apple ID for logging in?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Wolfx
    Wolfx Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hey you tried just using the login that you use for Apple on the login for the Desktop?
  • Bryan_K
    Bryan_K Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Yes, I tried that and it didn't work. 
  • kmichel
    kmichel Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Robin said:
    Hi @Bryan_K
    I have sent you a private message to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    @Robin - Interesting that there is a solution, and you don't post it here. I have the same issue. I can't even log into the community with my Apple ID.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @kmichel
    First, we have to check if the user has selected to show real email address or Apple relay email address. If users select to mask their real email address when signing with Apple id then Apple provides a virtual email address called Relay email address and thus on Fing, it will create a duplicate account. Also, as there is no option to sign in with apple on desktop app thus, users need to create a password and sign in manually on Fing desktop. 
    Users can manage/view apple relay email address in their account settings at Settings > Apple ID > Password & Security > Apps Using Your Apple ID.
    You can reset/create your password from here: https://app.fing.com/recovery
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!