Flashing green light

ElizabethElizabeth Member, Beta Tester Posts: 17
10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
edited 9:56AM in Fingbox

My fingbox is flashing green light and cannot be activated. Is there a reset button? I tried turning it off and on, did not help. I tried resetting it by pressing the reset button near the power cable.

Answers

• DavidFDavidF Member Posts: 34
    5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    Elizabeth, 
    A flashing green light means it is ready to be activated. Did you activate it through the app?
    Here is a handy list of all the light meanings for future reference: 
    https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/led-light-guide/
    You can also adjust the brightness and even turn off the lights in the app. 
    David
    Robin
  • ElizabethElizabeth Member, Beta Tester Posts: 17

Thank you David. It was already activated 3 months ago. Just all of a sudden it turned green, flashing green.

How to reset it?

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,477
    2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Elizabeth
    I have sent you a private message to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

How to retrieve private messages? I am not able to get into the private message area. There are no notifications for private message.

admin
    Elizabeth said:

How to retrieve private messages? I am not able to get into the private message area. There are no notifications for private message.

Please check your email inbox. I have sent you a personal mail. Please check under Spam/Junk as well.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • BoltBolt Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Hello All.  @Robin
    I also have a flashing green today.  
    I have had the box for several years, and per the app, I'm all good.  So it seems like I'm activated.  I can run tests for example, and see devices coming and going on my network.
    So, how do I get this flashing green to go to back to solid blue?
    Thanks

Just email tech support. Mine is solid white now and got tired of working on it. I took it off my system for awhile. Hoping to reset it again in a few weeks.

admin
    Bolt said:
    Hello All.  @Robin
    I also have a flashing green today.  
    I have had the box for several years, and per the app, I'm all good.  So it seems like I'm activated.  I can run tests for example, and see devices coming and going on my network.
    So, how do I get this flashing green to go to back to solid blue?
    Thanks
    Can you check under Fing app if there is any notification pending your attention? you can check under notification tab or you can run manual speed test in case any automatic scheduled speed test did not run at their time. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)