Flashing green light

Elizabeth
Elizabeth Member, Beta Tester Posts: 18
10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
edited January 25, 2021 in Fingbox #1

My fingbox is flashing green light and cannot be activated. Is there a reset button? I tried turning it off and on, did not help. I tried resetting it by pressing the reset button near the power cable.

Answers

• DavidF
    DavidF Member Posts: 34
    10 Comments 5 Answers First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    ✭✭
    Elizabeth, 
    A flashing green light means it is ready to be activated. Did you activate it through the app?
    Here is a handy list of all the light meanings for future reference: 
    https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/led-light-guide/
    You can also adjust the brightness and even turn off the lights in the app. 
    David
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Elizabeth

Thank you David. It was already activated 3 months ago. Just all of a sudden it turned green, flashing green.

How to reset it?

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,742
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Elizabeth
    I have sent you a private message to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Elizabeth

How to retrieve private messages? I am not able to get into the private message area. There are no notifications for private message.

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Elizabeth said:

How to retrieve private messages? I am not able to get into the private message area. There are no notifications for private message.

Please check your email inbox. I have sent you a personal mail. Please check under Spam/Junk as well.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Bolt
    Bolt Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Hello All.  @Robin
    I also have a flashing green today.  
    I have had the box for several years, and per the app, I'm all good.  So it seems like I'm activated.  I can run tests for example, and see devices coming and going on my network.
    So, how do I get this flashing green to go to back to solid blue?
    Thanks
  • Elizabeth

Just email tech support. Mine is solid white now and got tired of working on it. I took it off my system for awhile. Hoping to reset it again in a few weeks.

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Bolt said:
    Hello All.  @Robin
    I also have a flashing green today.  
    I have had the box for several years, and per the app, I'm all good.  So it seems like I'm activated.  I can run tests for example, and see devices coming and going on my network.
    So, how do I get this flashing green to go to back to solid blue?
    Thanks
    Can you check under Fing app if there is any notification pending your attention? you can check under notification tab or you can run manual speed test in case any automatic scheduled speed test did not run at their time. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Bolt
    Bolt Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi.  
    The LEDs have now gone to steady green.
     I checked.  Only notifications were a 7 min Spectrum outage overnight, which isn't unusual.   I ran a speediest manually from the iPhone app.  Still steady green.

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Bolt said:
    Hi.  
    The LEDs have now gone to steady green.
     I checked.  Only notifications were a 7 min Spectrum outage overnight, which isn't unusual.   I ran a speediest manually from the iPhone app.  Still steady green.

Can you DM me the MAC address of your Fingbox so I can check? thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Bill_OH
    Bill_OH Member Posts: 17
    10 Comments Photogenic
    I’ve started having the same issue. My fing has been installed for over 2 years and this is the 1st time I’ve had the flashing green lights. I see no way in the application to do an activate. I’ve removed power and restored power and still have the same issue.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Hi @Bill_OH
    Can you DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox so I can check? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Bill_OH
    10 Comments Photogenic
    The green lights have gone solid green now., i did nothing to the device.
  • Elizabeth

Did you DM Robin?

• jamzm
    jamzm Pittsburgh, PA, USAMember Posts: 121
    100 Comments First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    Can anyone help with a pulsing green led on the fingbox, please?  I read through this forum but unable to find a resolution.  Thanks
    I used to be fat.
  • Bill_OH
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Couple of things cause a flashing green lights: running a speed test from the Fing and if a device has been disabled. There could be more, that’s the ones i know of.
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    jamzm said:
    Can anyone help with a pulsing green led on the fingbox, please?  I read through this forum but unable to find a resolution.  Thanks
    Can you DM the MAC address of Fingbox and I will guide you further?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • jamzm
    ✭✭
    Hi Robin.  Thanks for getting back to me.  My Fingbox MAC is F0:23:B9:EC:6C:84.  Thank you.
    I used to be fat.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    jamzm said:
    Hi Robin.  Thanks for getting back to me.  My Fingbox MAC is F0:23:B9:EC:6C:84.  Thank you.
    If the box is blinking green, it means it is ready to be added to Fing app again. In this case, please ensure you have enabled location permissions for the FIng app. Also, Have you tried deleting the network and then scan the network again?

If you have tried it then can you please re-install the latest version of the Fing App & also clear the cache on the device?

To do this:
    1. Sign out of the application
    2. Remove the application
    3. Reboot the phone to clear the cache
    4. Reinstall the application
    5. Start App & log back in the Application.

After that search for Fingbox and it should find the Fingbox.  
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • jamzm
    ✭✭
    I tried what you suggested, but the fingbox is still pulsing green.  It seems that everything else is working fine.  Is there anything else I can try?  Thanks
    I used to be fat.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Hi @jamzm
    I have sent you private message to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Bill_OH
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Are any devices I’d as blocked? If that is that is the case enable them if they are known devices to you.
  • jamzm
    ✭✭
    Nothing blocked...thanks
    I used to be fat.