Anyone used the Bitdefender BOX in their network with their FING Box and had any issues with either?

bobrebelbob
bobrebelbob Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
edited September 11, 2019 in Fingbox #1
I fear the Bitdefender BOX and the FING Box would not get along properly but I've not tested such a setup.
Anybody that has experience with this type of setup, please chime in.
Thanks,
Bob
VioletChepil

Answers

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just moving this one over to the Fingbox category. I've not heard of any issues with Bitdefender and know some users are using that too! 

Community Manager at Fing

• MyStuff
    MyStuff Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 18, 2021 #3
    is there a more recent version of this question, this info is from 2019... it is now 2021,,, any changes since then
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,740
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    MyStuff said:
    is there a more recent version of this question, this info is from 2019... it is now 2021,,, any changes since then

To make BD and Fingbox play well with each other, please follow these steps:  

1. You can turn monitoring off on Fingbox in BD app, so that BD won't arp spoof Fingbox, and Fingbox won't report gateway change alert. 

2. If you don't use the blocking feature in FingBox, it won't trigger arp spoofing against devices. But if you want to use the blocking feature, the arp spoof messages from FingBox may interference how BD works. Our recommendation will be to use BD app to block devices. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!