Known Devices randomly being blocked

Bill_OHBill_OH Member Posts: 10
Photogenic First Comment
I have 36 devices on my network. From ring door bell, printers, desktops, cell phones, tables, smoke/CO detectors, etc. lately fing has sent notification of blocked device on one of more of these devices. 
I have been getting the notifications of the blocking, but it’s still a pain that I have to go and unblock them.
Has an update been released with an issue.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,477
    2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Bill_OH
    If you are not blocking these devices, you can try to disable "Automatic block new devices" from the Network tab and then check if the issue persists? 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Bill_OHBill_OH Member Posts: 10
    Photogenic First Comment
    These devices have been managed by the Fing for more than a year, they are not new devices. They showed being OK for that that time.
    Case in point, my Samsung S20 cell phone I’ve had since they were released. Yesterday it went blocked and i had to unblock it. This has happened to multiple device lately that have been unblocked for more than a year.
  • InotInot Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited January 7
    I have the same issue,  Is Fing trying to make me upgrade maybe? 
    admin
    Hi All,
    One thing you need to check if the devices which are getting blocked has any private mac address or random mac address enabled on them which may be the case for their blocking. Also, is it same set of devices getting blocked or random?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Photogenic First Comment
    none of the devices (except iPads) have random Mac addresses. The iPads have this option disabled.
    Photogenic First Comment
    This just started in the last week. Have there been any fing updates? When was the last update. How can I tell what update is installed?
    admin
    Bill_OH said:
    This just started in the last week. Have there been any fing updates? When was the last update. How can I tell what update is installed?
    There has been no updates from our side. Can you share the screenshot of the blocked devices on Fing app?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Photogenic First Comment
    I’ll have to wait till it happens again.