How to stop Fing from crying wolf?

michaellinder
michaellinder Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic
edited January 1, 2021 in Fing Desktop discussions #1
Here in my Windows 10 System Tray is a bright red check mark on the Fing icon, but it's not a network issue. No one has hacked my system. It's only Fing huckstering for "the last Fing sale of the year." Another needless false alarm. I no longer bother to check the app that cries wolf despite being paid for an ad-free subscription. Fing claims to be a champion of privacy yet gets really, really annoyed if you don't allow them to sell your info to interest-based advertisers — nagging popups on my iOS devices making me decline time after time. Is there a way to stop the peddling madness?

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,708
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @michaellinder, I moved this to the Fing Desktop area for visibility.  Tagging @Ciaran and @Robin to see if there is a way to silence the tray icon alerts for non issues.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,872
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Here in my Windows 10 System Tray is a bright red check mark on the Fing icon, but it's not a network issue. No one has hacked my system. It's only Fing huckstering for "the last Fing sale of the year." Another needless false alarm. I no longer bother to check the app that cries wolf despite being paid for an ad-free subscription. Fing claims to be a champion of privacy yet gets really, really annoyed if you don't allow them to sell your info to interest-based advertisers — nagging popups on my iOS devices making me decline time after time. Is there a way to stop the peddling madness?

Are you still getting notifications about any discounts or promotions? Can you share screenshot of that notification? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • michaellinder
    First Comment Photogenic

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Thanks @michaellinder
    I am not sure if there is a way to disable these right now. But I can take this feedback to our Product team for future updates and review. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • michaellinder
    First Comment Photogenic
    Sounds like Fing is too desperate to stop its up-sell spam disguised at a critical network alert. I guess the only option is to delete Fing on all my devices. Would you trust a cop who keeps hitting you up for money?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    I am sorry for this inconvenience. As stated, currently we don't have the option for no promotion notifications but I have passed this feedback to our Product team for review. Thanks for your feedback.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)