How to stop Fing from crying wolf?
Here in my Windows 10 System Tray is a bright red check mark on the Fing icon, but it's not a network issue. No one has hacked my system. It's only Fing huckstering for "the last Fing sale of the year." Another needless false alarm. I no longer bother to check the app that cries wolf despite being paid for an ad-free subscription. Fing claims to be a champion of privacy yet gets really, really annoyed if you don't allow them to sell your info to interest-based advertisers — nagging popups on my iOS devices making me decline time after time. Is there a way to stop the peddling madness?
- 4.8K All Categories
- 2.5K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 907 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 98 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 36 Network Infrastructure
- 4.3K Ask about Fing
- 384 Fing Account Change Request
- 835 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.4K Fingbox
- 460 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 147 Community Updates
- 19 Getting started
- 11 Community User Guides