Fing Desktop search field behavior
I am a brand new Fing Desktop (version 2.4.1) user, and although I really like the app I have a few suggestions to improve the search field's behavior. Here are a few things I feel could be done to improve it:
- The search field should also find matches in the "name" field.
- If I perform a search, click on a resulting item, and then click on the "Back to list of devices," the original search term should be retained. Instead, when you return to the list you will see all the devices again and not the ones you were searching for. This doesn't happen if you have a filter (Online, Offline, Unrecognized, etc.), so I think this is an oversight rather than a design choice.
- There should be an "x" at the far end of the search field to clear the search term. This should make it easier to clear the search term rather than selecting the text to delete it.
- 4.9K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 931 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 100 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 37 Network Infrastructure
- 4.4K Ask about Fing
- 408 Fing Account Change Request
- 877 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 467 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 148 Community Updates
- 19 Getting started
- 11 Community User Guides