Fing Desktop search field behavior

weborican
weborican TexasMember Posts: 4
Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
I am a brand new Fing Desktop (version 2.4.1) user, and although I really like the app I have a few suggestions to improve the search field's behavior. Here are a few things I feel could be done to improve it:
  1. The search field should also find matches in the "name" field.
  2. If I perform a search, click on a resulting item, and then click on the "Back to list of devices," the original search term should be retained. Instead, when you return to the list you will see all the devices again and not the ones you were searching for. This doesn't happen if you have a filter (Online, Offline, Unrecognized, etc.), so I think this is an oversight rather than a design choice.
  3. There should be an "x" at the far end of the search field to clear the search term. This should make it easier to clear the search term rather than selecting the text to delete it.
Marcekos2001
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @weborican
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have turned this post into Idea.
    I will pass this suggestion to our developers for consideration. For other users who would like to get this idea implemented, please upvote the initial post. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    RingKev