Pause Internet Success Indicator
The pause Internet feature is great but some devices don’t refresh their ARP cache and still communicate with the real gateway rather than the Fingbox even when “paused”.
I have some IP cameras etc that don’t play with the pause feature very well. I don’t know if there is anyway for the Fingbox to tell if it’s attempt at ARP poisoning has worked or not but it appears that the Fing UI is just reporting that it sent the ARP poisonings message, not that it was successful.
If it is possible for Fingbox to detect that a paused internet device is still communicating with the gateway, could this be highlighted in the FingApp UI in a future update?
- 5.2K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 981 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 105 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 39 Network Infrastructure
- 4.8K Ask about Fing
- 484 Fing Account Change Request
- 975 Fing Desktop
- 1.2K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 474 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides