Question regarding internet block and pause on 5 Ghz with Fingbox V1

JohnDouglas
JohnDouglas Member Posts: 1
edited December 29, 2020 in Fingbox #1
Hello,
I have a Wi-Fi router that works on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz (same SSID).  A friend of mine is selling his Fingbox V1 and I'm interested, particularly for the feature to control access for my kids by pausing and blocking their internet.  My question is if Fingbox v1 also blocks connections that go via 5 Ghz or do I need a Fingbox v2 for this?

Many thanks,
John

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @JohnDouglas
    The V1- Fingbox lacks the 5ghz hardware antenna so the devices connected to 5Ghz cant be monitored. There are currently no new features on the new look Fingbox as opposed to the original Fingbox. Both Fingbox versions operate on the same software. See below the main differences between the original Fingbox & the new look Fingbox:
    • The new look Fingbox can run on 5GHz as well as 2.4Ghz
    • Digital Fence now covers full spectrum, any Wi-Fi device nearby is detected. On the original Fingbox only 2.4ghz is covered.
    • Digital Presence: benefit for detecting presence of known devices, even when they change Wi-Fi or go to power-save mode
    • WIDS (Wireless Intrusion Detection) covers the full spectrum, detecting any attack on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz
    • Wi-Fi Sweet Spot has been improved, in cases where the router and mobile phones are top of the market, the achieved speed rate will be much higher and accurate.
    • Hardware re-design: There is only 1 LED on the new look Fingbox (as opposed to 6 LED’s on the original Fingbox). Collecting feedback from our vast user base we realized that one single led provides a clearer message than a number of different effects, often misleading users.

Will there be any impact on the Device Block/Internet Pause?  

No, these features will not be affected & will remain the same for both Fingbox

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!