Fing 4.2.1 and Windows 10 - Simply Won't Work

MarkI
MarkI Member Posts: 4
First Comment
No matter what, after multiple uninstalls (using Revo) and installs, I can't get Fing 4.2.1 to work.  Fing gets "hung up" during the Connectivity Health analysis - baiscally going to about 90% - and sits there.  It displays no connection to the internet as well.  I am definitely online (hence in this forum).  Can't seem to figure out.  Should I downgrade to 4.2.0? It was working a few days ago - this has been the last 2-3 days.

Answers

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MarkI
    Can you reboot your device to Safe mode with networking and then check if Fing desktop is working fine there or not? this will help me to understand the cause. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MarkI
    First Comment
    Thank you. I have not tried that yet, but will. I did notice other posts, around the same day (December 28/29th) with the exact same issue. There was an optional Windows 10 update a few days ago that updated the Realtek PCIe GBE network adapter. That did change some settings, I believe, as my ethernet now operates a bit differently (slight delay to go online when I start my machine). Could that be related? 
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MarkI said:
    Thank you. I have not tried that yet, but will. I did notice other posts, around the same day (December 28/29th) with the exact same issue. There was an optional Windows 10 update a few days ago that updated the Realtek PCIe GBE network adapter. That did change some settings, I believe, as my ethernet now operates a bit differently (slight delay to go online when I start my machine). Could that be related? 
    it could be related and once you try all other steps, it will help to isolate the issue.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MarkI
    First Comment
    Thanks! Unfortunately, that didn't work. Oddly enough, Fing states that my "device IP address is assigned statically, not by DHCP" and that my IP address is "not being assigned by my router and is manually configured". That can't be right as I don't manipulate the IP address at all and I receive all of that information straight from the ISP. Back to the drawing board :-)
  • MarkI
    First Comment
    Follow up. Uninstalling Npcap, then Fing and then reinstalling Fing seems to have done the trick.  Glad I found this trick in the community.  We are back online!
    Robin_Ex_Fing