Tivo misidentified as Roku 3800

Matrix
Matrix Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
First Anniversary Photogenic

I have TiVo Romio misidentified as a Roku Streaming stick. The MAC device begins with 00:11:D0 which is assigned to TiVo not Roku. I see no way to correct this since the device info is assigned by Fing.

I'm puzzled.

Tagged:

Answers

• Robin
    Robin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,614
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Matrix said:

I have TiVo Romio misidentified as a Roku Streaming stick. The MAC device begins with 00:11:D0 which is assigned to TiVo not Roku. I see no way to correct this since the device info is assigned by Fing.

I'm puzzled.

To correct the misidentified device on Fing desktop, I would suggest to:   

• Sign in and Go to Home tab   

• Scan for devices. 

• If the device is still recognized incorrect then Click on the specific device   

• Click on Icon "Recognize" device   

We have actually included New feature: Device recognition - It is now possible to manually recognize devices: when Fing recognition is not sharp enough, you can manually provide brand and model of your devices. Which will hopefully be of benefit to you.  

To manually identify the misidentified device on Fing app, I would suggest to:   

• Sign in to the Fing app 

• Go to Device List    

• Click on the misrecognized device. 

• Below the device name and O.S you will find a text saying "Did we get this right?"  

• If you click on (thumbs_down icon) then it will allow you to manually enter the correct O.S and model of the device. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    jwoods7947